Are scolies hard?

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank is 4 months old, lps dominant tank, everything doing well and growing, got 2 fat lobos i feed twice a week. Whats the scare for scoly like? Do they go straight on sand?

im digging this https://www.queencitycorals.com/product/ultra-warpaint-scoly-wysiwyg-21/
I have a bleeding apple and warpaint. Both placed together in the sand bed but leaning like 45 degrees on a rock. I think printed reef makes holders as well. I like keeping them at an angle to prevent stuff falling on them such as sand as well as make it easier for their waste to blow off

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not found them to be difficult. My water is a bit dirty and I direct feed the heck out of them with mysis and LPS pellets.

rongy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think they’re similar to lobo. You should have no problem keeping them if you can keep lobo

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Don't know why, but two I've tried didn't like my tank. I can grow SPS and literally everything else under the sun, but scoly didn't work for me. I have a mixed reef with acanthos, cynarina, button scolies, acans, bowerbanki, and tons of SPS.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back