Are yellow Clown gobies timid or bold?

Porcupine Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about getting one of these guys, my current stocking is a percula clownfish, blue hippo tang, flame angel and pajama cardinal in a 5 ft 125. My blue hippo is the boss and likes to push the flame angel around as well as being a little nippy, will the clown goby stand his ground or are they going to get beat up?

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about getting one of these guys, my current stocking is a percula clownfish, blue hippo tang, flame angel and pajama cardinal in a 5 ft 125. My blue hippo is the boss and likes to push the flame angel around as well as being a little nippy, will the clown goby stand his ground or are they going to get beat up?

I would say they are somewhere in between timid and bold, but more on the timid side. When they have a nice leather coral to sit in, or a hole or cave or two, they will feel safe and be always adventuring around the tank. Mine sits on the glass if it sees me around, but I only have a percula and a scissortail goby in my nano with him.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty timid IME. They won't fight off a hippo tang, they are only half inch big lol. They are loners, they stick to themselves, they perch on corals all day. I've got a yellow, a green, and a black one.

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow clown goby in QT right now and will add it to my 5 ft 125g soon. I added a green clown goby two months ago and it is cryptic (ie, hides in the rockwork all day and I only see it out at night once in a while).

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bold. Not aggressive but always out and about. Gets right in the middle of the feeding time. Has no fear

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bold. Not aggressive but always out and about. Gets right in the middle of the feeding time. Has no fear

Good description. Mine will go for the same piece of food floating by, as the clown. The clown may win, but it doesn't stop the yellow goby from trying.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back