Are you a Male or Female reefer? (poll)

Are you a Male or Female reefer? (poll)

• Total voters

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JVH = Judith Victoria = woman reefer.. When I was a teen I always had freshwater tanks.. Even as an adult but it's been many years. Now I was ready for a new tank and a new challenge so I went with a SW rank and I love it!!!

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size did you decide to go with?

Not nearly big enough! I thought since I'm starting out ill tAke it any go with a 29 long.
BIG mistake! I so wish I had done a 75g..we'll I guess an upgrade is in my future!

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is the norm haha -
Do you think you might want to skip that 75 and go triple digit? :p

Absolutely! But I don't live alone! LOL Hubby was not thrilled abut the whole thing but I said it would be 100% totally my baby! I will do and take care of everything. (He didn't want a project) So now he sees its all mine and I do everything, I hinted around to an upgrade..We will see! Maybe next year. But triple digit tank? I may be needing a lawyer! LOL

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! But I don't live alone! LOL Hubby was not thrilled abut the whole thing but I said it would be 100% totally my baby! I will do and take care of everything. (He didn't want a project) So now he sees its all mine and I do everything, I hinted around to an upgrade..We will see! Maybe next year. But triple digit tank? I may be needing a lawyer! LOL

I suppose we have to take others into consideration when they are sharing the living space :p
That's cool it's going to be all yours, but be prepared for that to change when he realizes how cool it is.
Yikes, a lawyer! Hahaha!

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! That's ok I can share! As long as I'm in charge I gave the the final say..

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another chick here!
175 full reef
30 micro reef
30 cold water reef
5 mini clown and zoa tank
Shared projects with the hubby, he is chemistry and engineering, I do sociology and architecture (meaning he does water testing and plumbing, I do coral and fish)

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another chick here!
175 full reef
30 micro reef
30 cold water reef
5 mini clown and zoa tank
Shared projects with the hubby, he is chemistry and engineering, I do sociology and architecture (meaning he does water testing and plumbing, I do coral and fish)

Now THATis cool! My hubby is getting more interested but this is totally my baby.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is not enthralled by this hobby. My 1 year old's interest though gives me leverage! :D

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is not enthralled by this hobby. My 1 year old's interest though gives me leverage! :D

I see you have mts too. (Multiple tank syndrome). My hubby is negotiating for a large angel FOWLR tank, and I'm kinda putting the brakes on it. Or trying. So there are limits to this hobby.

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have mts too. (Multiple tank syndrome). My hubby is negotiating for a large angel FOWLR tank, and I'm kinda putting the brakes on it. Or trying. So there are limits to this hobby.[/

That's funny, I could've sworn you said there are limits to this hobby! I know that would not be right so I must've read it wrong, ;)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have mts too. (Multiple tank syndrome). My hubby is negotiating for a large angel FOWLR tank, and I'm kinda putting the brakes on it. Or trying. So there are limits to this hobby.

Limits? Nah!! :). Don't be a hater, who needs brakes!? :D

specsgirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another female here. Started over 15 years ago. Currently I only have 1 tank. A 210 in wall with a dedicated fish room behind it.

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm female and have had a tank for 5 years. Much to my amusement, I have been mistaken for a male many times on Reef2Reef.

Me too! I was recently called dude! lol JVH=Judith Victoia Ok I can understand the dude mistake! lol

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 90 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 91 45.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 19 9.5%
Back