Are you new to the Chattanooga forum?

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few people check in here now and then but doesn't seem to be enough interest to do much. It's a shame too, it was fun when we would go to peoples houses and get to see their tanks and how different people go about the hobby.

KittenChiu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get together and talk about this crazy hobby that my fiancee is getting really tired of hearing about I live near hamilton place mall. Would also be really cool to be able to trade frags and stuff with people.

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't realize Chattanooga had a section on the forum :oops: probably should have looked closer. Been in the hobby for roughly a year started with a BioCube 16 got tired of how small the back area was. So over the summer drilled a 40 gal Breeder and have a nice setup with sump that makes maintenance so much easier. My buddy who got me into this mess has a 30 gal AIO Cube thats been up and running for a few years.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always Robin your tank looks great! Where do you shop for your corals?
Thanks Jim.
Mostly online shopping, reef raft, jason fox, wwc, battle corals. I try to catch the sales here on r2r.
Instagram too, made some friends on there and trade.

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello neighbor!

There has been a lot of chatter about getting together the Chattanooga reef club. I have been in contact with a few of you on R2R and Facebook about hosting and there seems to be a decent number of people here who are eager to share their reef and develop a respectable reef club.

I have had a tank for over 6 years, but really, i've only been interested in the hobby the past 2 years.

In the last 2 years, this hobby has changed tremendously with technology. It's become much easier to diagnose and treat problems in the tank. However, there still seems to be a lot of reefers who are little behind the times or giving outdated advice. It's time to share what we know, and create an area reef club that attracts more and more reefers.

As it stands now, it seems that meeting up once a month at someone's house may be the best way to go, although once a month may be too often? I need some input here on what you all think.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I will keep a running list of people who want to get this going.

Also, what is the best way for us all to be in contact?

I'm thinking email may be the easiest since not everyone is on facebook or r2r.

Happy Holidays! Hope y'all get something salty!

Glenn Rudolph
[email protected]

v8fla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested! I’m currently setting up my new build. Upgrading from a loaded bio cube 32 to a 280 gallon (total volume).

15B3D76F-78D5-44AA-8AD5-B0B8E98CB7C9.jpeg

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested for sure. In the past we tried once a month but that is diffinitily to often in the summer when every one is so busy. Maybe as often as some one volunteers to host?

I like email to keep all interested in touch with the club. If you want to make up the list, we could PM you with our email addresses?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back