ATI hybrid, sufficient mount?

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I'm about to unbox my 6x39w hybrid ATI powermodule and install it. I've done a quick search online and i saw that some users recommended/used the Aquatic Life Universal Hanger (pictured below) to mount their hybrid T5/LED fixtures.

aquaticlife.jpg

However, this hanger is rated for 10lbs on each arm, I have 2 arms mounted on my cabinet currently so that makes it 20lbs "max" load as per the instructions.

I have also seen some websites rate this at 20lbs (maybe another model? looked similar though).

So here's the question. Should i give this a try? or is it a NO from the start?

I also happen to have a kessil extension arm kit inbox so if that was an option i would install those. Any suggestion for any other mounting arms? (ceiling and walls are not an option for our setup).

Thanks in advance.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
BoSalman

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure on the weight of the fixture your using. I would try to contact ATI and see if they can give you an actual weight of the fixture just to be safe.

I think i saw ATI post here before saying the 6x39 was close to 20lbs, perhaps 19lbs but not sure if that was for this particular model,

I'm trying to confirm this

OP
OP
BoSalman

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit more expensive, but I just ordered the CadLights lamptree to hang my ATI Sunpower and ReefBrite combo. It’s rated to hold 75 pounds and is made of stainless steel.

https://www.cadlights.com/index.php...id=160&zenid=a1a994a12821e6c09df83827c12b29d2

*Edit - just noticed your location... not sure if they ship internationally so this may not be an option for you. Sorry. :(

Well, it is still an option, i can use mail forwarding but that would be super expensive considering its weight/dimensions.

I just have to confirm if my two available options are not sufficient, then only i can take this route witu cadlight's lamptree

Last edited:

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Folks,

Since the 6 bulb is special order in North America we do not have exact weights, but the 4 bulb is 22.8 (shipping weight) and the 8 bulb is 36.8 (shipping weight). Take out the packaging and add in some T5's its going to be pretty close to 28-30 lbs.

I wouldn't recommend the AquaticLife hangers since they will likely sag and potentially break. I would recommend 80/20 T slot aluminum.

OP
OP
BoSalman

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Folks,

Since the 6 bulb is special order in North America we do not have exact weights, but the 4 bulb is 22.8 (shipping weight) and the 8 bulb is 36.8 (shipping weight). Take out the packaging and add in some T5's its going to be pretty close to 28-30 lbs.

I wouldn't recommend the AquaticLife hangers since they will likely sag and potentially break. I would recommend 80/20 T slot aluminum.

Thanks for the input.. purchased the cadlights lamptree to replace those aquatic life...

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back