ATK issue

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My level sensors are working as they should. The low shows closed when covered by water and open when it is not. The problem is the pump is not turning on when the low sensors is open. I can turn the pump on manually and it works but when in auto it does not come on. I’m using the code that is auto applied during set up. It has worked flawless for a few years until now. Is this an issue with the FMM? I did rerun the atk setup again but it didn’t fix. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_3812.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My level sensors are working as they should. The low shows closed when covered by water and open when it is not. The problem is the pump is not turning on when the low sensors is open. I can turn the pump on manually and it works but when in auto it does not come on. I’m using the code that is auto applied during set up. It has worked flawless for a few years until now. Is this an issue with the FMM? I did rerun the atk setup again but it didn’t fix. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_3812.png
Assure the return tube to the pump is not pushed all the way down preventing the pump from running

CactiCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue right now. Have my ATK coded the same as you and has been running for over a year with no issues. Did you ever find a fix?

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your water level really low, or are you just noticing that the pump isn’t turning on when the sensor shows open?

The min time statement at the bottom of the code makes the pump stay off for 60 mins before the pump turns on again. So if the pump runs and then the sensor shows open again the pump won’t turn on for 60 mins.

CactiCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your water level really low, or are you just noticing that the pump isn’t turning on when the sensor shows open?

The min time statement at the bottom of the code makes the pump stay off for 60 mins before the pump turns on again. So if the pump runs and then the sensor shows open again the pump won’t turn on for 60 mins.
I will manually turn my ATK on in the app, I have been purposefully filling my sump area so that the water level is almost up to the second sensor. After a couple of hours, the water level is back to being below the first sensor, my ATK_LO sensor shows that it is in the open position but my ATK never gets turned on looking back in the output log. My sensor is working and will detect when the water is too low but somewhere in between the message is not being relayed to the pump. I originally had this issue when i first got the pump, the power supply to my FMM was not turned on and it was fixed by giving it power. The power was one of the first things I checked when I started having this issue.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the sensors clean? I have the same issue happen to me every so often. As soon as I brush the sensors with a toothbrush, the atk kicks on and works normally.

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you run the pump and fill up the sump, have you tried turning the spider to the off position for a few mins and then turning it to auto? As said above it could be the sensors are dirty, or possibly failed?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back