Atlantic blue tank with Ich

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a tang from a lfs who qt'ed it for me for 4 weeks because I didn't have a tank large enough for it at my house besides my display. I got it home and now 6 days later I think it has Ich. It was very stressed from the move and hid all of the first 2 days and wouldn't eat or come out of hiding. Day 3 it come out a little and looked fine and the last few days has been out and eating like crazy. Its had the few spots on its fin and a couple on its side off and on. Its eating and not acting sick at all so I don't know whether I should be really concerned or not. Will my other fish get it if I leave him in there? Will it go awake on its own after he finishes settling down and the stress is gone? I've never had it in my reef tank. In my freshwater I treat with myasian tablets

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish is healthy and eating it should fight it off on its own, this is the best way to deal with it IMO. IF the rest of your fish are healthy they should be alright as well.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp stays between 78-80 already I'd be afraid to go higher and over heat my tank. All other fish have been with me over 3 years and several are mated breeding pairs. All are also very fat and active. That's why I wanted to know if I needed to treat them as well. I would hate to lose one due to a new fish.

tearlessnikon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy ich attack it does not have copper so if I have coral or want to in the future you are safe and worked well on my powder blue

Sent from my PC36100 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing you can do without removing him from tank and treating in quaratine. Alot of times if they are strong they will survive if not they die. Good luck and hope for the best.

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it has a chance to recover on its own without stressing it further or killing the rest of my fish I'm just going to leave it alone where its at. I will watch it and make sure it continues to eat and breath ok. And keep a close eye on the rest of my fish if I see a problem I will treat them all in a different tank but the tang and idk what I'll do with it because my next biggest tank is a 29 gallon tall tank.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck my friend i hope for the best .

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck my friend i hope for the best .
Thanks so far I think he is going to be ok I just wanted some input from others who have as experience with it before. I think removing 200 pound of lr and chasing it for a while to catch it and then moving it would probably stress it to the point it would die of stress or the ich would finish it off. It is actively swimming and eating and has been sense about day three in my tank and the spots are not spreading or getting worse, so im with you, hoping for the best. Ive never seen a fish so skittish before in my life, but he has settled a lot. One question: assuming it lives thru it this time, will it get it back every time it gets stressed very much? Ok another Question how apt is this to spread to my other fish?

rebel souljah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had the same issue awhile back...i have pair of lyretail anthias, yellow coris, solar wrasse, 1 chromis, 1 mandarin goby, all doing great!!! i then added a purple tang and about 2 weeks later he came down with ich. i was lucky enough to catch him at night and he is now going to hypo in my QT has been in there for about 2 months now. All my fish that were already in there do not have any ich and i have since added 3 chromis and 1 royal gramma to the same tank and no signs of ich. so IME as long as other fish are healthy and not stressed they should be fine! good luck

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not spreading but not going away either. Its only on the fin. The rest is junk floating in my water .Here is a pic of him.
100_2188_zps8ddbb4ad.jpg

Back