Back after 25 year hiatus

Drummer98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the bug has bitten me again after being away from the hobby for 25 years.
I am starting with a 60 gallon breeder tank, Marcos dry rock, CaribSea sand, Fluval 307 canister and a Penguin 350 hob. I built the stand 27 years ago out of oak and kept it just in case I wanted back in the hobby. I just refinished it to go with our furniture in the basement.
The tank was cycled with Dr. Tims (so much easier than using a dead shrimp!) While it cycled, I had 2 clowns in a 10 gal QT for 30 days dosing with Copper Power, API General Cure and Metroplex.
They are now in the DT and have been for 3 weeks. Now in the QT as of yesterday are a Coral Beauty and a Scopus Tang. They will go through the same QT process as the clowns and all other fish I get going down the road. I plan on waiting another couple of months before adding any coral as I don't really have any good reef lighting yet. I am completely amazed at how much this hobby has changed since I was in it before. But I can say that I love how much knowledge is being shared on the various forums.

I'm really looking forward to building this reef system up and learning more from all of you !

The pic of the tank is during the cycling stage, the pics of the clowns are while they were in QT.

Tank Cycling.jpg Clowns.jpg Clowns small.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back