Bad week with fish...

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this week I found my Borb anthias dead at the bottom of the tank, he had pop eye and looked to be getting better was still eating and all just wouldn't come out of the rocks. Then today I found my new Sailfin tang stuck to the over flow which has a fish gaurd on it and the only place the gaurd was sperated from the overflow is where he was stuck dead.....Now I have toget a new Sailfin hopefully I can find one as pretty as him.....The borb I won't replace since $200 is a bit steep and I have SPS to buy....Any way just felt like venting a bit...I hate weeks like this in the reef world.

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sucks man i know ive lost my best fish befor and im sure one day it will happen again but im also setting up a new tank fresh so maybe the caselties wont be to bad this time alot more planing and time into this one

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang...sorry to hear that. :( Been there and it's a horrible feeling. Hope you find another sailfin soon.

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry for your loss! That's like when I came home from a month long vacation this summer and all my fish in my 125 gallon were dead. :( They got ich while I was gone and the person watching my house didn't know what to do and didn't inform me until it was too late. 8 fish gone in just a month.

dfurbee

Nancy Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost 2 fish while was on vacation; lightning struck the house. Just glad had a house to come home to.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude! The Anthia's? thats sucks man, really sorry to hear about your loss.

Reminds me when my Helfrichi firefish went to train for the long jump in Beijing.

jumped over 10 feet away from the tank.

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I lost one of my pretty little chromis today. No reading of ammonia, yet my CUC is nowhere in sight. Theyll be well fed tonight.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 25 14.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back