bannded high fon goby and pistol shrimp

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i purchased both and added them to my tank and to my amazment the chose a spot right up front for all to see and ive been hearing horror stories on them is it true they could break ur glass hand or arm? i understand they can **** the claw and all but i couldnt see something this dangrous being sold without warning so im unsure any one had any personal experience?

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so a mantis is the bad one? im sorry no one ever said anything about this to me and as much as ive talked about it with people i would hope some one would have told me. but they are both happy building a new home hosted together in 24 hours lol i just was told that today and was wondering were this came from

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what i needed to here lol these guys are sweet i cant beilieve they picked the spot i wanted them to that never happens. the rock they choose is firmly planted on the bottom of the glass so no worries of them toppling things and getting crushed they have been making there home and my royal grama seems to be scouting for a location to call is own

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah man they have taken the rock over now i left and they hade one hole in and out and now they are working on a 3rd this guy is actually moving every bit of sand to were he wants it lol and my goby is right there the hole time and my garama is hiding right now i expect he is scouting out for his home everytime ive ever delt with one of these they are realy shy at first till they make themselfs a hole and a home lol so i will keep yall updated

MarineManiac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
watch out for some frags. they may move or burry them in the process of their new home. you also may get a cloudy tank sometimes due to the nature of constantly moving sand. they will not break glass, but they can click, and it will bruise (not break) a finger. been there, done that. i use a net to capture them now :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back