Barbed fitting and bulk head

heystopthatman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 1 inch barbed female thread thing from brs for my 1 inch bulkhead. It didnt fit and was schedule 80. I thought maybe i need 1 size bigger. Next size was way to big. So i tried just doing 1 inch schedule 40, still doesnt fit. The overflow box is the seapora 56098 and it said it had 1 inch bulkheads. I dont get it. Its really frustrating me because ive wasted around 100$ on little fittings for some vinyl soft plumbing. Why does it not work?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 1 inch barbed female thread thing from brs for my 1 inch bulkhead. It didnt fit and was schedule 80. I thought maybe i need 1 size bigger. Next size was way to big. So i tried just doing 1 inch schedule 40, still doesnt fit. The overflow box is the seapora 56098 and it said it had 1 inch bulkheads. I dont get it. Its really frustrating me because ive wasted around 100$ on little fittings for some vinyl soft plumbing. Why does it not work?
With bulkheads, you should never use the outside threads of the Bulkhead. The external threads are only there for the Bulkhead Nut.

You should make your connection on the inside of the bulkhead with a matching size of PVC pipe pr MPT threads.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 104 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 109 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.4%
Back