bayer dip which kind and how much

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
71dFDuTxWHL._SY355_.jpg

Roughly 10ml to a cup for 10mins if you want to be safe. I now just pour some in the container in which I know it is not spot on and sometimes a bit overkill. No ill effects though. Just keep the container aerated with a syringe or baster.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the actual bottle of Bayer that I use....now a couple years old:

I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff as above, but just an older label.

My dilution is one ml Bayer to 100 mls tank water. I typically make up 300 mls for one to five or so frags. I let them stew for 15 minutes and then rinse in another cup of tank water.

zoasaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pure full lid cap of bayer & added~1/2 cup of water for ~15min
I always over dose it,but corals are doing ok
I saw it was used at a local store,they never measure it

mac-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the actual bottle of Bayer that I use....now a couple years old:

I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff as above, but just an older label.

My dilution is one ml Bayer to 100 mls tank water. I typically make up 300 mls for one to five or so frags. I let them stew for 15 minutes and then rinse in another cup of tank water.
Hard to get this in NY. Still have one from 5 years ago. It's like gold dip for me. Lol

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to get this in NY. Still have one from 5 years ago. It's like gold dip for me. Lol

I was almost ready to challenge you on "hard to get in NY," until I saw you are NY, NY. If only they had soil and turf in the city! :D In the suburbs it's readily available in many stores, including where I purchased, at HD. If that fails, you can find it on Amazon HERE.

CoralClark

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor enough into tank water to make it look like skim milk. Let frags sit for 10-15min, rinse in clean tank water, good to go!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was almost ready to challenge you on "hard to get in NY," until I saw you are NY, NY. If only they had soil and turf in the city! :D In the suburbs it's readily available in many stores, including where I purchased, at HD. If that fails, you can find it on Amazon HERE.
you Can NOT get this stuff on Long Island anywhere sadly.... gotta go elsewhere in NY state or NJ.

As for how much to use, i personally just pour it into the container until its milky white and i can no longer see the corals. wait about 10 minutes then put them into the rinse container.
Ive had many many acro's with full PE inside the dip container, they couldnt care less. Never had a coral react badly to it either.

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 10-20 Mls Bayer per 2 cups tank water and dip for 15 mins, then rinse in RO 20 seconds, then Lugols 10 minutes, another 20 second RO rinse, Lugols another 10 minutes, rinse, and done! SPS, LPS, softies, gorgs... Haven't lost anything yet!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 10-20 Mls Bayer per 2 cups tank water and dip for 15 mins, then rinse in RO 20 seconds, then Lugols 10 minutes, another 20 second RO rinse, Lugols another 10 minutes, rinse, and done! SPS, LPS, softies, gorgs... Haven't lost anything yet!
dipping your SPS in loguls for 20 minutes doesnt stain them brown? ill only use that stuff on LPS anymore or inside the coral saw's water

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had an issue. Following a local reefers dip procedure and none of his stuff is brown-neither is mine. It's only 3 drops per cup of tank water.

cincyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used these measurements I got from another site, and has always worked. This is all in 1/2 cup of water.

10ml for 10 minutes
20ml for 5 minutes
10 minute soak in tank water.

From what I've read this stuff is harmful to inverts so I always soak extra in a second cup of tank water to make sure I'm not putting any dip into my tank.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10Ml for every 4oz of water and let soak for 15 minutes. Then I give the frag a quick rinse in fresh tank water.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a noob question, but I've never dipped corals. What all does this kill?

twf0369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bayer Dip is what I use...it kills unwanted pests so they don't make it into your display tank. I always dip my corals...I simply mix enough bayer into a container of tank water, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, rinse in a separate container and done! No issues yet and a much cheaper solution to Coral Rx and other coral dips...

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is this pests that only affect coral or fish parasites as well

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is this pests that only affect coral or fish parasites as well
Coral only. Fish will die from Bayer, this is why you must make sure you rinse the corals well before putting them in the tank. Inverts will perish as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back