Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 167 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

KC2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20240419_034902457.jpg
I use this for frags. It's not that bad price wise and it comes with two nozzles. LFS always has it.
More commonly known as Krazy Glue under its most widely known branding. It's Ethyl cyanoacrylate.
You certainly can find it at your LFS or you can buy it for a lot less at a Walmart / hardware / home supply store.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is when you want to glue a piece of coral underwater - in the tank. Lets say you break off the frag plug (I always did this - break off the plug, glue onto the rock where I wanted it
I know what it is, it was more of a rhetorical question because most things are reef safe but people don't know that.

pshow001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wondered if there is a difference between regular superglue (gel) - and those marketed for reef tanks. I just used regular gel superglue. Additionally - watch (if you do this in a running tank) - for the fish to immediately rush to chomp on the glue - resulting in a partially/entirely glued together mouth.... (From personal experience)
I was gluing gsp to a wall and some floated away. I was panicking like crazy trying to grab it.

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used seachem reef safe glue on a piece of birdsnest coral that my margarita snail broke off.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back