Best aquarium fans

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
No I did not find a good sump fan. I bought the biggest and most powerful I could find that would fit my sump. Ugly as hell, but at least it's hidden and not hanging over my tank. lol. At the end of the day, it actually didn't do much for my temperature for my system in my humidity in my home. I had to go chiller route but still use the fan only to help evaporation for a kalk reactor.
I tried throwing in my old drop in chiller and that is working great BUT it is noisy as hell when it's on and it's on too much.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like placement over DT could be more effective, but not very good looking at all especially with our lights highlighting the fans. Any recommendation for an in cabinet sump type fan?
I went through 3 of these in a month mounted on the sump. They lowered temps, but couldn’t handle humidity I guess.

I then bought these and they survived and worked.

Edit:
Original links didn’t work for some reason.
Fans that worked:
hygger Aquarium Chillers Fan,...

Fans that didn’t last:
Liveek Aquarium Fan 2 3 4 Heads,...

Last edited:

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What is the best angle to point these at the water for maximum cooling effect?

I may have to remove my front glass panel for this to work, but one on each end could be just what I'm looking for. Worth putting any on my sump as well or nah?

Attachments

• IMG_9918.jpg
    IMG_9918.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 31

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into this new release from Tunze - Looks very interesting. Water Resistant

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Look into this new release from Tunze - Looks very interesting. Water Resistant

Looks... expensive

KenBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had success with the AC Infinity cooling fans. Purchased directly at manufacturer site or on Amazon (there are a couple different sizes, I have small). They are USB powered, daisy chain, work flawlessly with my Inkbird dual temperature controller. Whisper quiet and strong air flow. I used electricians tape to ensure daisy chain connector does not get wet. Yes, one has to be careful to not splash water on them like any fan, and yes, occasionally wipe salt spray creep off. I purchased the tank lip brackets on Etsy from a Ryan at LeafgreenSolutions on Etsy. Fit fine on my Ultum Nature 20 G AIO and my Waterbox 50.3G AIO - and due to tank lid on Waterbox fit, Ryan was able to customize the shape to allow for tank lid. Links and photos below. I switched position of grills as wanted sleek look facing outward to my tank.

il_1588xN.3544872846_cnil.jpg IMG_8802.JPG IMG_8801.JPG 61yLtH6btDL._SX522_.jpg

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have had success with the AC Infinity cooling fans. Purchased directly at manufacturer site or on Amazon (there are a couple different sizes, I have small). They are USB powered, daisy chain, work flawlessly with my Inkbird dual temperature controller. Whisper quiet and strong air flow. I used electricians tape to ensure daisy chain connector does not get wet. Yes, one has to be careful to not splash water on them like any fan, and yes, occasionally wipe salt spray creep off. I purchased the tank lip brackets on Etsy from a Ryan at LeafgreenSolutions on Etsy. Fit fine on my Ultum Nature 20 G AIO and my Waterbox 50.3G AIO - and due to tank lid on Waterbox fit, Ryan was able to customize the shape to allow for tank lid. Links and photos below. I switched position of grills as wanted sleek look facing outward to my tank.

il_1588xN.3544872846_cnil.jpg IMG_8802.JPG IMG_8801.JPG 61yLtH6btDL._SX522_.jpg

I actually just bought these to permanently mount to the holes in my canopy to pull heat out that way. I'm going to try the Hygger ones on the tank itself as they seem more water safe.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vornado here. Large tank, large area to cool and a computer fan is like a child's toy. Just replaced my Vornado after at least a decade - got loud and is now on garage duty.

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I went through 3 of these in a month mounted on the sump. They lowered temps, but couldn’t handle humidity I guess.

I then bought these and they survived and worked.

Edit:
Original links didn’t work for some reason.
Fans that worked:
hygger Aquarium Chillers Fan,...

Fans that didn’t last:
Liveek Aquarium Fan 2 3 4 Heads,...

The hygger Aquarium Chillers Fans are fantastic. I got the 3 pack and they are doing a fantastic job.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back