OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve is a local from wisconsin amd a hobbiest first thats why i choose to go with him not a big company just a man thats passion is this hobby and loves doing it. I had never met or talked with him previously but after a few conversations and others i know with the same setup im sold like i said i will give a full honest review. Reef dynamics makes very nice stuff but at double the peice i cant swe the value i mean its acrylic and pvc they are probably the most expensive on the market for biopellet reactors when i have been researching

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to say REEF DYNAMICS,you must be able to control the turn over of the bio pellets inside the reactor as well as the output of the treated water leaving the reactor to the skimmer.Thats why my moneys on a RECIRCULATEING BIO PELLET REACTOR.If you can't control these to you will wind up depleating your tank of all bactiera then your in trouble...jmo.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if what I heard was right or not but I heard that reef dynamics has shut down?
Anyway the best biopellet reactor is a recirculating one where you can control both the effluent coking out and tumbling of the biopellets itself. I made my own recirculating reactor and so far has work for me beautifully.
Used materials that are already I have.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1435892248.732584.jpg

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geo's Reef bio pellet reactor here. Im liking it. Here is a little clip I have of it with 100ml of pellets right now

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really liked the aqualund reactor however after getting my levels to stabalises I sold it to a fellow reefer who is still using it today with great results

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the avast reactor with the recirculating mod, I wish I was handy enough to put one together. What are the other options out there for recirculating reactors other then the reef oct. and the avast add on kit for recirculating?

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquamaxx xxl looks good too but I am looking for control on the effluent and tumble. I might have to look into the Aqualund since there aren't any other vendors that make recirculating reactors. Don't understand why

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqualund is good but I recommend going with a thicker cylinder. Also consider using aio bio pellets they will also drop your phosphates

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquamaxx xxl looks good too but I am looking for control on the effluent and tumble. I might have to look into the Aqualund since there aren't any other vendors that make recirculating reactors. Don't understand why

Reef dynamics only made recirculation reactors. But looks like they are closed right now while dealing with a lawsuit. May be able to find a used one.

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqualund is good but I recommend going with a thicker cylinder. Also consider using aio bio pellets they will also drop your phosphates

Lonelyreef, I am thinking of using ecobak plus for sure and maybe along with another brand. Would you have a specific model in mind of a reactor with a thicker cylinder? Whats the benefit of having a thicker cylinder? My tank is going to be 160 total water volume and the Nano 130 is rated at 150 gal, I hope its enough.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is the all in one pellets need to be heavy tumbles and require a bigger pump so if you get a smaller cylinder it's ok but the pump wouldn't be enough to tumble the pellets. There much heavier I got the one that's one size bigger than that one and it wouldn't tumble them correctly it's basically bio pellets infused with gfo so it's much heavier

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ecobak plus seem to not have the gfo infused so it's not as heavy from what I've read. I am not sure but if someone can chime in with experience?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back