• Total voters

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is that?:neutral:

The ingredients alone. Many frozen foods are full of fillers etc. One of the most popular frozen foods out there (won't say the name) is full of filler and pollutes tanks. I'm sure there are many great ones out there. Of the easily and readily available frozen foods out there, LRS Reef Frenzy has been the best I've found.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take my sheet of rods frozen out of the package and throw on cutting board and chop into 1" squares. Than put into a Tupperware. This makes it easy for feeding. Throw in cup with water 10 min later dump. Saves me from having the wife or kids over dosing my tank lol!

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried Rod's, but fish wouldn't eat it. AFAIL, LRS hasn't made its way to Canada yet.

I usually feed a mixture of Blackworms, Mysis, Plankton, Spirulina Entiched Brine, and Oyster eggs or Capeln Roe. I also feed nori daily.

ptreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use rod's, everything went crazy... Reef fish: Tangs, anthias, clowns, firefish, triggers, small angels, wrasses
Switched to LRS and they kind of just don't care. I have tried about 8 large mixes and they same results. I was really pulling for LRS, Home made reef food at great price.

Probably more suited for FO. I get the reef frenzy and herbivore frenzy to which os more reef food. But I think the cuts of fish are to chunky and not what my ref fish are used to....
They get more excited for flake & pellet food the LRS...

Back to rods for me.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kind of Surprised that LRS or Rod's food is not way ahead of the others, pretty close poll.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the LRS Nano, although I can't say that my fish respond to it any more or less than others. I think I've just bought into the probiotics idea. I really like the Ocean Nutrition frozen brine shrimp, as my fish respond great to it. The shrimp are much larger than other frozen brine I've used. I do wonder about phosphates in all the foods I use though.

ksanfranfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like all of the brands in the poll. Some more than others but for the most part my tank inhabitants respond well to all of them. I also agree with the LRS Reef Frenzy having too large of chunks for my fish. They will usually eat the smaller pieces first before they attempt the larger ones. For me I think the Rods Food has the edge with that in mind. I do like the quality of the LRS however.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie that uses Hikari cubes but I just started using Black Jack Reef Crack. It looks similar to Reef Frenzy. It is a local company here in Kansas City. The fish go crazy for it but it is hard to break off small enough pieces when the sheet is frozen solid. I only have two clowns and a bi-color dottyback. I like the idea of cutting into 1" squares. I'll have to try that this weekend.

BJRC-label-5x3-web.jpg

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish go crazy for it but it is hard to break off small enough pieces when the sheet is frozen solid.

The old steak knife is a great tool here :) I use a fishing knife to cut my frozen foods up and it works great! It dulls the blade pretty quickly though.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

bbtm64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS Reef and Herbivore Frenzy. Best food I've ever used and all I use. It feeds everything in a tank.
Its clean so you don't have to worry about straining it unless you want to.

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a local food in Wisconsin. Limpits reef buffet. So far it's the best I've used.

08wingrider

View Badges
Reaction score
1201 Belmont Stakes Ave, Indian Trail, NC, 28079
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS fish and reef frenzy. The only thing I put into the tank. I have varying sizes of fish in my reef tanks and break off a portion, thaw in cup, quick stir and BAM...they year it up. Even my CopperBand Butterfly gets in the mix with a Sohal and Red Sea Sailfin tang to get his fix. Coral growth is excellent. No more having a cube of this, portion of that...it's the "All-on-one" brand and with Probiotics...can't go wrong. thanks Larry!

reelsilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely LRS Foods. High quality food and I find that a lot of finicky Fish do really well with this food. My blue dot jaw fish and wrasse love it

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 109 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back