Best live stream camera

Globe182jp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey y’all

I been searching a few days for a camera for live cam of my tanks, but haven’t found the info I’m looking for.

I want to set up a great quality camera wall mounted WiFi accessible. Price is less a concern image quality is main goal. Most threads seem to point to just a cheap security camera, I’m looking for something more professional higher quality.

Specs
Wall is about 12 feed across tank. Can mount at top of door frame, ceiling or above TV about a foot above tanks height.

I have a Wyze V2 cam and from that distance the picture quality is poor, it’s to wide, and zoom is too blurry.

I ordered a Wyze OG 3x I will try and see if that give me more a focus on the tank itself and less the room, but it’s still a 1080 camera so I don’t thing the image is going to be amazing.

Was going to order the Wyze V3 pro for its 2k resolution but after a ton of reviews and post it seems to be worse than the Wyze OG unless it’s night time.

I know I will need to DIY a reef filters once I find a good camera. That’s an issue that seems easier to fix than finding a nice camera for remote viewing.

I’m sure a dslr would be best as many fish bloggers use them but not sure how to mount it to a wall, run it all day or connect to for WiFi access.

Any other recccomendations ? Could a 4k webcam work? Or some other indoor camera?

Thanks all

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a filter on it? Where is it mounted ?
Care to share a picture
Thanks Jake
I have it disconnected right now haha, I have it mounted relatively close to my tank. I don't run a filter on it for the time being? But I'm sure you can find a clip on orange filter for it that would work just fine

OP
OP
G

Globe182jp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup read that one. Waiting till I can PM one of the members about their specific camera, one of the best vids but he dose not state what he’s using

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem is usually the glare from the windows across the room and the night time LEDs reflecting off the glass. I just got these Panasonic cameras that suction cup to the glass.

Attachments

• Camera_07032023_195723.mp4
    14.7 MB
OP
OP
G

Globe182jp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update got the Wyze OG 3x and it’s working pretty good. Still wish the resolution. Was better but I can now make out what’s going on with the tank while the coral filters are taped over the camera. First pic is OG 3x, Second is V2 black
Jake

Attachments

• IMG_2198.png
    IMG_2198.png
    505.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2199.png
    IMG_2199.png
    413.4 KB · Views: 139

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem is usually the glare from the windows across the room and the night time LEDs reflecting off the glass. I just got these Panasonic cameras that suction cup to the glass.
What camera model and are you using a filter?

Aframereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a (#IPC-T2831T-ZS) that has an optical zoom . It mounted on the wall 12 feet from my tank bit is always zoomed in on just the tank. It an 8Meg pixie camera. POE.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back