Best place to get ORA corals?

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not to plug myself but ive got alot of there stuff just missing a few and probly the ones you want lol

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
liveaquaria would be a good place, but they seem kinda expensive...

i can also get most of them for you. my LFS has tons of ORA stuff that no one seems to buy for some reason. ;)

speaking of which im still looking for the german blue polyped acro:D

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
speaking of which im still looking for the german blue polyped acro:D

i know, i was just thinking about that when i saw this thread.

and last time i visited the LFS...i did see one, and that new roscoe tort i think (or it may have been a chips).

if you still want me to get it for you let me know, i can get it this weekend if its still there and then send it to you wed/thurs of next week. send me a PM and we'll talk. :)

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA is the Aquaculture side of Harbor Branch Institute here in Florida CN. They do loads of clownfish and dottybacks, and some really nice corals.

http://www.orafarm.com/

And those lookig for some ORA sps, obviously check the sponsors here, but if they are out, I can highly recommend Billy at Riptides Reef. He has multi generational ORA stock, and has a few of the blue polyps acros in. Good guy, nice company....we should see if he'll sponsor :)

Hope that helps the hunt, Bryan

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag of the purple pillow, but it needs a bit of time to grow out.

:D
Laurie

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second that Jesse...that would be a good start for what I am looking for also...after seeing some pics floating around!

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
german blue polyped acro, roscoe tort, the new purple birdsnest, purple pillow, oregon tort. :)

you dont start with the easy to get stuff do you? lol

the german blue polyped acro is available in limited quantities from ORA...so kinda hard to get ahold of.

roscoes is much more limited, and even harder to get ahold of. i think they are limiting 1 frag per shipment to a LFS. IF your LFS is lucky enough to even get a shipment.

new purple birdsnest from ORA shouldn't be too hard to find, i think liveaquaria has it.

purple pillow is ultra rare to find, ORA lost it in a hurricane, they are re-growing it, but have not released it yet.

i've heard they have an oregon tort and are growing it, but again have not released it.

Last edited:

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the german blue polyp acro...

ORAbluepolypedacro.jpg

scripps pink milli (kind of a blue with green polyps and pink tips), it varies in color alot depending on the conditions
ORAscrippspinkmilli1.jpg

this is the purple pillow, its not purple, its green...lol but the tips get purple when its happy.

ORApurplepillow.jpg

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even believe I'm going to ask, but what's an ora? Is that like an acro or something?

ORA has stuff other than sps. apparently they used to have alot of wicked zoas before the hurricane whiped them out.

they are actually selling propagated duncans right now too, in limited quantities...awesome looking and about $70/polyp i think, alot cheaper than some are selling them right now.

they also sell alot of random, un-named SPS, tricolors etc. they used to have a ton of propagated colonies with acro crabs breading in their systems.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Al that germen blue polyp is nice! Did you send me a frag of that milli? I have a pink milli that I thought I got from you.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back