Best Tang for grazing?

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow....

THis is why *another board* is a CRAP HOLE can you beleive this!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the best tang at grazing all types of algeas? i got some weird algea, im going to try and battle it with a tang,crabs, urchin and some snails. I got all the corals and rocks From matt,heres the thread http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1363191 They are in a tank with nothing else other then them selfs. So i was thinkin a sailfin. What does everyone else think?

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FOREVER HOME FOR THIS FISH JUST TEMP< FOR ABOUT A MONTH!

brian92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thats rediculous. I'm glad I never spend any time on RC, I have heard stories of them being *****.

What size tank were you considering a tang for?

OP
OP
oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65 rr FOR A MONTH lol thats it ill post the thread that started it! this is the one everyone totally just jumped on me for even thinking about putting a baby tang in the tank for at MOST a month wow is all i can say these people are so rude!

jerryc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thank a yellow one is best for smaller tanks and do a good job of
picking your rock. But dont believe Thea will eat hare algea dont
thank Any of them will.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65 rr FOR A MONTH lol thats it ill post the thread that started it! this is the one everyone totally just jumped on me for even thinking about putting a baby tang in the tank for at MOST a month wow is all i can say these people are so rude!

I have an orange shoulder tang and a baby eibili tang in my 65. They are both fat , healthy and seem to enjoy themselves just fine in the tank. The way i look at it, it's better than the 29gallon tank the fish store had them in for 3 months. They won't be in there forever as i have plans for a bigt time upgrade, but man i would not sweat a baby tang in a 65, especially if the rock work doesn't take up most of the tank.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a problem with a weird fuzzy type algae on my rock work. I picked up a baby eibli mimic tang and it has really done a great job cleaning off the rocks.
It is a great community fish so far, I'll try and get a pic, its very nice.

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey phil I got your back...I have a 6-7 inch hippo and a yellow tang in my 90 and they do great I did have a sailfin but it got sucked up in a PH.

I bet they would have a ****fit if I posted pics of a buddies tank that has around 30 fish some being tangs and triggers it's a 75 and everything in that tank is awesome. and doing extremely well. I have watched the growth of some of his sps and it exceeds an inch a month. fattest fish I ever seen. I would not try it myself but it works for him very well.

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only visit the the selling forums over there to see if I can save some money...lol seems to me if your not one of the guys that spend a crap load of money for the high dollar equipment then they tend to shut you out....JMO

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill sum it up.... RC SUUUUUCKS!
Thats horrible that someone would post that to your question.

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a scopas tang will eat some types of hair algea.... I know they byropsis.... we have had great sucsess with that.

I thank a yellow one is best for smaller tanks and do a good job of
picking your rock. But dont believe Thea will eat hare algea dont
thank Any of them will.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have (5) 100 gallon stock tanks that I grow and keep coral in. In each tank I keep one Kole Tang and one Yellow Tang. I feed all of them 2 times a day and they still do not allow any algae to grow in any of the tanks. They have been the perfect combination for me.

OP
OP
oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys i like to post my ? everywhere just to get a lot of answers, well that wont happen any more! they are suck jerks over there!

OP
OP
oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange shoulder tang and a baby eibili tang in my 65. They are both fat , healthy and seem to enjoy themselves just fine in the tank. The way i look at it, it's better than the 29gallon tank the fish store had them in for 3 months. They won't be in there forever as i have plans for a bigt time upgrade, but man i would not sweat a baby tang in a 65, especially if the rock work doesn't take up most of the tank.

thats the thing lol there is VERy lil rock its just a frag tank

OP
OP
oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thanks guys! when i post this ? on rc a MOD shut it down bc he said tangs should not be in a tank that small even for a week basically told me i have no common sense when it comes to reef keeping

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back