big issue with lps tissue recession HELP

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks jt i will be trying to feed my corals at-least 2-3 times a week since work does affect my tank time sadly lol, but as for temp cvysochin i totally agree with that being said my tank was a stable 78 and my corals did substantially better (no deaths) but since summer came arround it never goes below 80 and higher then 82. I really want to invest in a chiller any recommendations?

Temperature was a problem for me to and I couldn't figure it out since my A/C was set at 77 but my tank was consistently 80. I put a dinky room thermometer on my tank and sure enough it was 80, lights etc. must have been raising the temperature. My simple solution was to turn on my ceiling fan, that brought the temp down to a consistent 78. Of course I already had the ceiling fan in the room just didn't think about turning it on. So if you've got one turn it on and perhaps invest in a cheapie one for summer months vs a chiller. One thing to think about though with the fan is evaporation will increase some.

OP
OP
R

Reefdelomar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i took out all the damaged hammers and dipped them last night and this morning they showed great results, open and happy,the happiest ive seen them all week. Im very pleased. But speaking about fish i have seen my yellow tang rip off a frogspawn tentacle and play with it for a couple of minutes lol, the frogspawn was taken out dipped and recovered nicely, this was 3 weeks ago, now i do have a flame angel but im yet to see him picking on anything. I was always skeptical about him to begin with but he seems to be behaving well .so it could be my fish but i dont really know. Im definitely going to do some chiller shopping this weekend and see how it goes. I always have my ac cranked down to keep my tank temp from raising which is costing me alot more then a chiller would cost. Appreciate all the advice and help this site has already offered im glad i joined.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep us updated! glad to hear the dip seemed to help - maybe there was something "bacterial" causing the recession. You have some beautiful corals that's for sure!

OP
OP
R

Reefdelomar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running two fans towards my tank just to keep it at 80 lol i was suggested fans when my tank wouldn't stay under 84 im not on a budget so a chiller would fix my temp to 78 which is my desired temp. Thank you fishlady i am convinced bacteria infection is what i have going on. Im going to watch over everything closely for the next week.I appreciate the compliment these corals cost me alot! I dont like to see them die :/ ill update this on monday . Hoping for the best

beachsider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more note. If your parameters are fluctuating, you may not really se physical signs of stress until a while later. Maybe a week or a couple weeks. So your problem could have been the swings up to 82-84 degrees at times. A few spikes like that would cause issue, but you probably wouldn't see it until later. I find it helpful to keep a log of parameters and the adjustments I made. That way I might be able to connect the dots. Also, don't make a bunch of changes at once. You'll never know what the culprit was that way.

OP
OP
R

Reefdelomar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update : the hammer i had dipped previously is doing well and seems to have bounced back and stop dying, but sadly my frogspawn next to it, my favorite one that was doing all so well for the month ive had it has now died in the corner, i cant help but notice everything branching , torches , branching hammers, and frogspawn all do good in my tank but wall euphyllias are dying on me? Whats the deal? Is it my shrimp, hermits, fish? Im getting really aggravated , ive lost 3 orange wall hammers, 2 green neon wall frogspawn , and 2 blue wall hammers in the past month :( thats a heck of a loss and i cant get over it i feel like im not doing something right...i just dont know

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walls are far less hardy than branching types. I would avoid wall types for awhile. There is a reason wall hammer or wall frogspawn (often called true frogspawn) demand more money than branching types.

remy1290

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update : the hammer i had dipped previously is doing well and seems to have bounced back and stop dying, but sadly my frogspawn next to it, my favorite one that was doing all so well for the month ive had it has now died in the corner, i cant help but notice everything branching , torches , branching hammers, and frogspawn all do good in my tank but wall euphyllias are dying on me? Whats the deal? Is it my shrimp, hermits, fish? Im getting really aggravated , ive lost 3 orange wall hammers, 2 green neon wall frogspawn , and 2 blue wall hammers in the past month :( thats a heck of a loss and i cant get over it i feel like im not doing something right...i just dont know
I’m on the same page I JUST lost a gorgeous 4 headed torch and hammer this month very very sad…

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.7%
Back