Biota captive bred flameback

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my experience with this fish, haven’t seen anything about them online yet.

He came in today and after a quick float went straight into quarantine. Left the lights off for an hour but he was already cruising around looking comfortable. He is eating aggressively the first time I fed him. Body shape and color are perfect, not a single flaw. He is about 1”. Very small but expected.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about them but I saw them on Biota's portal. They seem to be from My EcoReef Solution although please do not hold me to that as I don't know the relationship. I saw these along with the Eibli Angelfish and Fridmani Dottyback. Both of which are beautiful.

Edit: Thanks for sharing
Edit 2: @Biota_Marine in case there is anything to share or point to regarding EcoReef

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about them but I saw them on Biota's portal. They seem to be from My EcoReef Solution although please do not hold me to that as I don't know the relationship. I saw these along with the Eibli Angelfish and Fridmani Dottyback. Both of which are beautiful.

Edit: Thanks for sharing
Edit 2: @Biota_Marine in case there is anything to share or point to regarding EcoReef
They are from MyEcoReefSolutions in France we support breeding projects around the world. We received this batch a few months ago and offered them for sale once they grew up a bit.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are from MyEcoReefSolutions in France we support breeding projects around the world. We received this batch a few months ago and offered them for sale once they grew up a bit.

I think it is great that you can do this. I saw the Dottyback a week or so back and it caught my eye. Thought about it then my pink squares and figured I'd hold off :)

Very glad to see fellow hobbyist supporting Biota and Biota supporting the various projects. Keep up the amazing work.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 30 20.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back