Bird nest dying !

nicowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed 2 days ago my bird nest is bleaching and this morning I’ve noticed this, would you happen to know what’s going on?

IMG_9776.jpeg IMG_9775.jpeg

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens to my birds nest all the time once they grow into a small colony. They look great then one day they just start bleaching quick. They are supposed to be 'easy' sps to keep but I actually have trouble keeping them alive long term without constantly fragging them.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed 2 days ago my bird nest is bleaching and this morning I’ve noticed this, would you happen to know what’s going on?

IMG_9776.jpeg IMG_9775.jpeg
They grow, and grow so bad they kill themselves. As they grow, flow is reduced inside the branches, they can't expel and the colony collapses.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is definatly a birdsnest in the pic and my birdsnest that looks like that would be the first to go in a problem. They are so finicky and would never recommend as a first.
Those are my experiences.

OP
OP
nicowboy

nicowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens to my birds nest all the time once they grow into a small colony. They look great then one day they just start bleaching quick. They are supposed to be 'easy' sps to keep but I actually have trouble keeping them alive long term without constantly fragging them.
It’s so weird I have mine for 1.5 years

OP
OP
nicowboy

nicowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is definatly a birdsnest in the pic and my birdsnest that looks like that would be the first to go in a problem. They are so finicky and would never recommend as a first.
Those are my experiences.
Yeah I guess very delicate

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back