birds nest help please

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you dosing. My parm are always at 9 and 450. Before i was checking when they got a little low id add till i got back to that. But you have swings all the time. With the pumps my parm always stay there no swings at all. Every once in a while i might up the dose. But like i said everything started really looking great when everything stayed stable. Before i check and my alk would go to 7.6 and id dose until i got back to nine or cal would drop to 380. And i dose back to 450. Now the pumps drop a few ml every hour and thats when all really started to grow

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every coral in my tank is doing great with growth and color except the BN i only get growth with it not that nice color

Last edited:

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing i see different is you say your lights are 11' off the top mine are about 18. All sps are right at the top. My tank is only 21' deep

Roty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off do your DIY lights give off uv radiation. And if it does can u control the amount it gives off. Second sps especially the BN acros milles etc...... They need that uv radiation more than other types ex lps but it's deeper than just your lights. Give me some info on where u get your coral from and maybe I can help.

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
roty i have 6 uv bulbs that i can dim they are on a mixed string with green and blue (not royal) they are at 70% at peak from 12-4

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
roty my coral was gotten from a friend with a 400 reef. he gave it to me with 2 branches a few months ago. he was running leds as well

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im no expert. But thats the only thing i see different. Only other var. Is the flow. I have 2 mp 40 but i run them low. The coral is dead center of tank. What is moderate to me might be low to you. Dont know.

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i gotta put my mp 40 back in have 2 10's now b/c a snail seized up my mp40 wet side. just been lazy

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back