bite mark or something else?

boonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - Hoping someone could help me id if these are bite marks or something else I need to treat for. I have been noticing the red fin ruby wrasse harassing my flasher wrasse today. Previously the flasher wrasse was the aggressor, but that switched today where the redfin has been the aggressor. Enough to the point I needed to isolate the flasher to protect him.

As for the tail spot blenny, he's been chased a bit in previous month, but didn't see anyone nip at him and thought it to be harmless.

20240504_213406.jpg
20240504_213251.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi - Hoping someone could help me id if these are bite marks or something else I need to treat for. I have been noticing the red fin ruby wrasse harassing my flasher wrasse today. Previously the flasher wrasse was the aggressor, but that switched today where the redfin has been the aggressor. Enough to the point I needed to isolate the flasher to protect him.

As for the tail spot blenny, he's been chased a bit in previous month, but didn't see anyone nip at him and thought it to be harmless.

20240504_213406.jpg
20240504_213251.jpg
Looks like an injury which is starting heal. Keep an eye on it for improvement and not becoming sore or infected. If so, treatment in a different tank will be seachem Kanaplex

barftholomew777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does look like a bite or maybe scratch from the rock since they spend a lot of their time in the rock

OP
OP
boonz

boonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for feedback. Hoping that's all it is. Was worried since both had some abnormal markings out of nowhere recently.

I did have another flash and banggai die mysteriously out of nowhere about 3 or so months back so just wanted to make sure it wasn't some type of parasite.

Some additional details I missed in first post.

60 gallon

Current inhabitants:
2x Occ clown
banggai cardinal
midas blenny
tail spot blenny
carpenter wrasse
long fin ruby wrasse
pink streak wrasse
royal gramma
purple firefish

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back