Bleaching mushroom

KelpMeOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got an order 3 days ago, the coral seemed pretty stressed out. The euphyilla especially but now. The mushroom coral is bleaching, is there anything I can do for it? When I got it in the tank is was having trouble with the powerhead so I turned it off, I was thinking it just needed to have time to attach but it hasn't been able to, the next day it had started bleaching the power head was off but I took it out then. And I've been leaving it alone as I was told it's really stressed out. Yesterday it fell into a flatter spot, it's been sitting in the slime it's been releasing and balling up, is there anything I can do for it at this point? It's completey covered in the slime. When I got it I tried feeding it reef roids and it ate those.

20230505_172224.jpg 20230506_073355.jpg 20230507_094717.jpg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can supplement it with something like reef energy or vitachem marine. If it still eats reef roids, that works too.

OP
OP
K

KelpMeOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to my lfs about it and they said when it's at the point we're the foot doesn't work anymore there isn't really anything you can do. The euphyllia also just entirely died of brown jelly one morning with no signs prior. As it was a delayed order from Corals Anonymous, they claim no responsibility for the order death do to their specific policy that they are not liable for lose from delayed orders. Top of this my previous order with them was a 2 day order (made it on time) of thier Hawaiian rhodactis which turned up doa. They have a few hour time frame to claim doa which I got so they refunded the exact amount that time but refunded in store credit for the exact amount. The problem with that was it was selling out so they raised the price of it so I couldn't get a replacement of my original order. Which brought me to use the money a new order. So I lost about 140usd to corals anonymous, everything I received from them was beyond helping. For the record I bought to rhodactis from my lfs, and they've been doing just fine. @CoralsAnonymous

CoralsAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to my lfs about it and they said when it's at the point we're the foot doesn't work anymore there isn't really anything you can do. The euphyllia also just entirely died of brown jelly one morning with no signs prior. As it was a delayed order from Corals Anonymous, they claim no responsibility for the order death do to their specific policy that they are not liable for lose from delayed orders. Top of this my previous order with them was a 2 day order (made it on time) of thier Hawaiian rhodactis which turned up doa. They have a few hour time frame to claim doa which I got so they refunded the exact amount that time but refunded in store credit for the exact amount. The problem with that was it was selling out so they raised the price of it so I couldn't get a replacement of my original order. Which brought me to use the money a new order. So I lost about 140usd to corals anonymous, everything I received from them was beyond helping. For the record I bought to rhodactis from my lfs, and they've been doing just fine. @CoralsAnonymous
Hi Kelp, if you could provide me your name and order number in a DM (which I'll send now), I can connect you with our customer service team to figure out what happened and how we can help.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 101 42.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 48.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%
Back