Bleaching or STN?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the flesh is gone and algae starts growing on the skeleton you are past the point.

Bleaching the flesh is still present but the coral is white after the symbiotic algae has been expelled from the coral body.

STN the flesh is rapidly sloughing off. Once the flesh is gone from the skeleton the coral is dead. If the flesh is still intact on the tips of a branch, fragging the live tip may stop the STN from killing the fragment, so some people will frag a STN’ing colony to try and save a fragment for growing a new colony from.

OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When the flesh is gone and algae starts growing on the skeleton you are past the point.

Bleaching the flesh is still present but the coral is white after the symbiotic algae has been expelled from the coral body.

STN the flesh is rapidly sloughing off. Once the flesh is gone from the skeleton the coral is dead. If the flesh is still intact on the tips of a branch, fragging the live tip may stop the STN from killing the fragment, so some people will frag a STN’ing colony to try and save a fragment for growing a new colony from.
Dang, thanks.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 125 75.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back