Blue/teal Skin Montipora Digitada..?

TateLitts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visited a LFS yesterday and saw a mont digi that appeared to have blueish teal skin with equally colored polyps. Did not purchase as I didn’t have time to acclimate, but plan on going tomorrow.

Anyone know of such digi line, or is it just a product of the lighting? From what I’ve seen, German blue digis don’t have blue skin. Can update with pics tomorrow.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need those pictures, but yes there are teal and blue monti's that show up now and again in the hobby. Can't guess which one you have, but they are generally fast growers once established and tend to be more durable that many sticks.

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a german blue and a purple. The purple has large beige polyps and more color. The german blue is pale in comparison. I will say they prefer higher phos and nitrate.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a German blue also with beautiful blue polyps but it has proliferated around the tank and sprung up new mini colonies in different places. Not sure how it does this reproduction exactly either.

I also had a nice blue skin orange polyp digi colony but it got knocked down while I was out of town and the sandbed corals finished it off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back