• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BlueZooAquatics - Fraudulent Charges

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

SnailQueen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to give everyone a heads up in case I'm not the only one dealing with this. I believe that once a fluke and twice is a pattern. About three weeks ago, I placed an order with Blue Zoo Aquatics. Very pleased with the shipping, the livestock, prices, etc. Not happy with the fact that within 6 hours of them processing my payment, I got a fraudulent charge alert from my bank for someone using my card to buy $280 and change in clothing overseas. Shut down the card, got a new one. Needed to order some additional food from BlueZoo. Placed that order over the weekend, they processed the payment last night, and what do you know, within 6 hours, a fraudulent charge alert for $280 and change in clothing overseas. I use my credit card for both personal and work use, and changing my card number sets a cascade of nightmares for trying to remember everyone who absolutely needs to have my credit card for bill payment purposes. Do yourselves a favor and avoid BlueZoo until they can figure their security out better. I'm going to be calling them as soon as they open today, because the most recent round of fraud came through after they were closed for the day. Hoping to save you all some trouble.

OP
OP
SnailQueen

SnailQueen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the reason I use PayPal for everything. Check and see if your credit card offers virtual checkout
My credit card company started treating PayPal as a cash advance (with hefty fees) as of the start of 2023, which was unfortunately why I wasn't using it this time. In the future, I'll be calling in my orders, but figured I'd put this out there as a warning to people to keep an eye out for fraudulent charges and as you said, to use PayPal.

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I experienced this same issue with Blue Zoo Aquatics a couple weeks ago. Placed an order in the evening and had my bank alert me to fraudulent charges in the morning. They're also basically impossible to get ahold of on the phone.

Livestock was actually fantastic, couldn't be happier in that regard. Probably won't order from them again though

OP
OP
SnailQueen

SnailQueen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I experienced this same issue with Blue Zoo Aquatics a couple weeks ago. Placed an order in the evening and had my bank alert be to fraudulent charges in the morning. They're also basically impossible to get ahold of on the phone.

Livestock was actually fantastic, couldn't be happier in that regard. Probably won't order from them again though
I did manage to get them on the phone, they're going to look into it, which from what you're saying is surprising. I know, I'm not sure what to think either regarding future purchases, especially since the livestock was really great.

Ks4726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to order from them like 3 or 4 years ago. Same situation but when i said it happened twice they just brushed me off. All 3 times fraudulent charges came with that card. I'll admit the third time I did it on purpose because my card was broken and I didn't want to pay for the replacement fees.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, three to four years ago and it’s still happening? They definitely have a problem.

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
happened to me twice with a marine supply house. 4-5 days after a purchase in the middle of the night so they must know my time zone.. one for $2200 for plane ticket another for $1600 for telescope company.
dont know if its coinsidence or not, but i wont use them again.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have moved this thread to the vendor feedback forum. BlueZooAquatics is not a sponsor vendor here at R2R, but we always hate to hear about any kind of issue like this, and we hope that it will be resolved quickly.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back