Bristletooth tangs 4ft tank

jake296

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Anybody here have success in housing multiple bristletooth tangs in a 4ft tank? Specifically small Tomini with introduction of either blue eyed or short tailed bristletooth.

No other tangs in the system.

TIA

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallons, 48 inches tank with 2 tangs (kole tang and yellow tang). It’s only been a few weeks but so far so good.

The yellow tang is definitely the boss because it is bigger. I introduced him last because of that. I wouldn’t have done the opposite.

OP
OP
J

jake296

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallons, 48 inches tank with 2 tangs (kole tang and yellow tang). It’s only been a few weeks but so far so good.

The yellow tang is definitely the boss because it is bigger. I introduced him last because of that. I wouldn’t have done the opposite.
That’s good to know! I also like the yellow and purple tangs etc but from all my research it seems they’ll outgrow the tank and I don’t want to stock it with anything that I’ll have to move on due to size. My display tank is 80 gallon, total volume 110

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to know! I also like the yellow and purple tangs etc but from all my research it seems they’ll outgrow the tank and I don’t want to stock it with anything that I’ll have to move on due to size. My display tank is 80 gallon, total volume 110
Yeah, 80 gallons is too small for a Yellow.

OP
OP
J

jake296

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multiple bristletooth tangs at that size is probably not a great idea. One will work. 2 are likely to scuffle. It is technically possible, but it's a pretty high risk stocking choice
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the same but I was just curious to hear

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back