Broken controller knob on Tunze DC 9012 skimmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Peluche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller knob for my Tunze 9012 DC version has broken. Making the DC option useless. Where in Canada can I order this part? No dealers carry this controller. I am willing to pay because I got this second hand. Thank you.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only need the knob, part 7090.102, you could try Xenia North America or order it on Tunze.com. For the time being you can carefully use a small philips screwdriver. The knob is purposefully made to shear off if ever turned to far or hit to protect the circuit board from permenant damage. If you use a screwdriver, do not press down and do not turn if you encounter any resistance, doing so will destroy the potentiometer.

OP
OP
P

Peluche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only need the knob, part 7090.102, you could try Xenia North America or order it on Tunze.com. For the time being you can carefully use a small philips screwdriver. The knob is purposefully made to shear off if ever turned to far or hit to protect the circuit board from permenant damage. If you use a screwdriver, do not press down and do not turn if you encounter any resistance, doing so will destroy the potentiometer.
Thank you so much for such a quick answer, I just emailed Xenia. Waiting for an answer. Not sure just changing the knob will work, as a small piece of plastic from the knob stayed at the bottom of the controler.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside of the annoying rattle this won;t be an issue and the manual shows how to open the controller and then you can remove the piece.

OP
OP
P

Peluche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside of the annoying rattle this won;t be an issue and the manual shows how to open the controller and then you can remove the piece.
Thank you for all this information. Is the controller for the 9004 DC skimmer the same as for the 9012 DC skimmer?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, all DC skimmers use the same controller

OP
OP
P

Peluche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. No answer from Xenia. I removed the broken plastic, but there is no way now I can turn the air up or down with a screwdriver. There is nothing to turn. I have contacted a few retailers selling Tunze skimmer, no response. This is very unfortunate. A nearly $600.00 piece of equipment good fr the garbage, because I cannot find a $2.00 knob.:(:(:(:face-with-raised-eyebrow::face-with-raised-eyebrow:. I do not understand.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back