BRS 2-part dosing prices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened? I was ready to purchase more chemicals but the prices almost doubled. $199.99 for a bucket thats insane!

Here's a newer thread as well....I'm working my way through it, but expect to move in this direction.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened? I was ready to purchase more chemicals but the prices almost doubled. $199.99 for a bucket thats insane!
There is no way around it, price increases are never fun. We were hit with a pretty substantial price increase from our supplier of materials like soda ash and calcium chloride (among others) early this year. The 35 lb buckets saw the most substantial bump as we are also dealing with high shipping costs for these heavier items.

I know that none of this will make you happy about a price increase, but hopefully that offers some insight into why it happened.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is expensive just use a different product or go DIY route. Inflation, supply chain, shipping costs and more are driving most to raise prices. Hobbyist just need to make some decisions is all.

If you like the company it may come down to a choice between staying with what you know and forgo a couple lattes or change unfortunately.

All the best!

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I'm done with those products. What I recently paid $24 for, is now $40 o_O

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way around it, price increases are never fun. We were hit with a pretty substantial price increase from our supplier of materials like soda ash and calcium chloride (among others) early this year. The 35 lb buckets saw the most substantial bump as we are also dealing with high shipping costs for these heavier items.

I know that none of this will make you happy about a price increase, but hopefully that offers some insight into why it happened.
I’m curious what is the self life on these 35lb buckets after opened but properly sealed back up and stored in cool dry dark place?

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you from years of dealing with private equity and VC money they drive your business not you. Increase in margin is what they drive, that means cutting labor cost and raiding prices. So price increases at BRS were inevitable. Add to that the Bidennomic factor and the price increases are going to painful, really painful.

but, the unnecessary part of the increasing margin by increasing prices of items in inventory that you have a lower cost basis in. That’s gouging and that happening everywhere, BRS I’m sure is no exception.

N-A-S-O

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to kick it old school.

Attachments

• ICE MELT.jpg
    ICE MELT.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 70

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritz is another option, if you can find it.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious what is the self life on these 35lb buckets after opened but properly sealed back up and stored in cool dry dark place?
Moisture is the big enemy. As long as you can keep moisture out, the shelf life is practically indefinite. That said, most of the 7 lb bags are priced almost identically on a price per pound basis, so depending on your situation and how much two part you're going through, the 7 lb bag likely makes more sense.

Using calcium chloride as an example, the 7 lb bag will make a little over 6 gallons of calcium solution. That's roughly $6.67 per gallon.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, the calcium chloride ice melt type bags from hardware stores often have additives in them. I’m not a chemist so I can’t speak to the effects (if any) but it isn’t the same product as pharma grade.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, the calcium chloride ice melt type bags from hardware stores often have additives in them. I’m not a chemist so I can’t speak to the effects (if any) but it isn’t the same product as pharma grade.
I get it, also did more research about it. this is 94% PURE CaCl2 remaining 6% is just water.

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I get it, also did more research about it. this is 94% PURE CaCl2 remaining 6% is just water.

Would like to see @Randy Holmes-Farley reply to this thread......

Back