Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

• Yes

• No

• I'm treating my tank with it now.

• I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After treatment, is it best to remove the meds with carbon? I intend to do the recommended 20% WC at 3 weeks and another 20% the following week. I only had a couple of small patches on a rock and a few strands in the sand. It was all gone at day 3 using 20mg/10gal (4 capsules/40gal).

WetPringleChip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this med targets through light somehow. All my bryopsis under light is gone… but the patches in the shade are fully untouched. Still looks too healthy. Quite odd. Im thinking of increasing the dose and see if it needs to be stronger to take out this crap

shimmer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this med targets through light somehow. All my bryopsis under light is gone… but the patches in the shade are fully untouched. Still looks too healthy. Quite odd. Im thinking of increasing the dose and see if it needs to be stronger to take out this crap
Yes, light definitely plays a role, it's talked about in the thread and it's also been my experience that the more light an area gets the quicker the bryopsis dies.

WetPringleChip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, light definitely plays a role, it's talked about in the thread and it's also been my experience that the more light an area gets the quicker the bryopsis dies.
Definitely agree, i guess I didn’t thoroughly read. i saw that light helps kill it quicker but as time goes on its almost as if the meds stunted the growth and allow my cuc and urchins to slowly run over the dark areas as time goes by. Im at almost triple the dose at this point 3 weeks in and so far corals are happy and my rock has never looked so clean lol

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back