Bubble Magus MiniQ Replacement Pump

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a beat on where to source pumps for the Bubble Magus MiniQ?

I’ve contacted the company with no luck yet, haven’t heard back.

I’m not opposed to buying a whole new unit, for like 60 bucks it is what it is but I’d rather just find a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sux, that looks proprietary as hell. Sounds like you tried seaside aquatics already. They are OLD school, email isn't Tom's best (but yet it is) due to his heavy accent.

Prolly just get a replacement skimmer as the pump will be at least a 1/3 of the cost of the whole thing.

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sux, that looks proprietary as hell. Sounds like you tried seaside aquatics already. They are OLD school, email isn't Tom's best (but yet it is) due to his heavy accent.

Prolly just get a replacement skimmer as the pump will be at least a 1/3 of the cost of the whole thing.

Thanks for the reply. I kinda figured, after I removed it from the tank today I also noticed it looks like it would be impossible to route the cable from a new pump back through the channel they designed.

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how this turned out? I am dealing with a similar issue on a MiniQ. Thanks!
No dice. Never heard back from customer support and like I mentioned, I’m not entirely sure you could re-route the power cable to ensure the pump snaps back flush with the bottom.

Ended up going with a different option/brand that I could replace the pump if necessary.

The mini Q is a great little skimmer - just didn’t have any luck regarding a replacement. I didn’t press the company either, just an e-mail. Maybe a phone call would fare better.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back