Burning through 2 part

BigReefer84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Just curious if this seems a bit much. 300gal dd tank 2 small acro frags, 5 head frog spawn,5 head torch, 4” ellegance, three head duncan, 5” favia. It sems like i am dosing alot to maintain levels or is this normal?

IMG_7480.png IMG_7481.png

OP
OP
BigReefer84

BigReefer84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Just curious if this seems a bit much. 300gal dd tank 2 small acro frags, 5 head frog spawn,5 head torch, 4” ellegance, three head duncan, 5” favia. It sems like i am dosing alot to maintain levels or is this normal?

IMG_7480.png IMG_7481.png
35 mag 191 alk 190 cal ml per day

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You did not mention what product you are referring to, but I assume it is my DIY Recipe #1 (as from BRS).

If so, then you are adding about 0.9 dKH per day.

That is not necessarily excessive since there are other sinks for alk and calcium than corals, but the things to look for in excessive dosing are hardening of sand and excessively rapid build up of deposits on pump impellers and heaters.

OP
OP
BigReefer84

BigReefer84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand seems fine as the engineer goby's keep it moving around. heaters and pumps all look clean. Yes currently using brs 2part. i have a new calcium reactor to install yet, waiting for more components, then plan to use 2part more as a backup. Just seemed ascensive in the amount of liquid added per day this is comforting. Besides that, how do my parameters look? fairly stable only small swings between night and day.

Fishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calxrx is a great move. I just change the effluent flow whenever I need more or less to keep it stable. And your params look great. Just know calrx is going to hurt that great ph number some.

OP
OP
BigReefer84

BigReefer84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
off topic but the salinity prop on the Neptune has never been accurate against Hanna and refractometer.... currently sitting at 35 ppm on other testers and 31 on Neptune even after calibrating a few times.

OP
OP
BigReefer84

BigReefer84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calxrx is a great move. I just change the effluent flow whenever I need more or less to keep it stable. And your params look great. Just know calrx is going to hurt that great ph number some.
post your parameters if you don't mind, what is the PH looking like?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back