Butterfly fish

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had very good experiences ordering online from almost every source I have tried. The "safest" IMO is live aquaria. The customer service is the best I have seen, not only for fish, but any customer service I have ever used in general.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMO there is really only 1 type of butterfly fish that is a zooplankton feeder that will not touch the reef critters and that is yellow pyramid butterfly fish. I have 3 in my 120 and love them. They have not been aggressive with each other or any other fish. They sometimes stare each other down and aim their spiny top fins at defensive measures, but nothing aggressive.

Many of the other species are hit and miss seemingly on an individual fish basis.

This right here. The pyramid butterfly fish are harmless..

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco online = Quality Marine = same wholesaler Liveaquaria uses. The difference is they don't seem to pack as well (maybe LA pays extra for better shipping?), and God help you if you ever have to deal with Petco's customer service.

Agree. This was the only time I've used them because I just couldn't find them at the time anywhere else. That and they had these that were slightly less than 3" which I haven't seen elsewhere either.

Most of my other fish are from LA/DD. The only exceptions were bought at a LFS and at Pacific East Aquaculture.

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 pyramids and love them. Every now and then I see them nip at the SPS coral but not much damage is done. They are a little harder to come by if you ask me. Seems like they are only available a few time a year.

49e36fc20b1a41eb59a32cc611c3622c.jpg

OP
OP
furni80

furni80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow they look great in a group your tank looks awesome

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those pyramids look amazing in your tank! I've never been a big fan of Hemitaurichthys but may need to reconsider that after seeing yours! :wink:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 116 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back