Cade Aquarium in the USA

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was only talking about display tank. Not net and other stuff. Cool it’s all glass.

I like to use eShopp skimmers as had good experience with them. If height works with their skimmer then i am good. They run 7”-9” but I had been running 8” water height and had excellent results.

can they modify to two 7” Klir filter compatible before delivery?

i would like move the divider between skimmer and refugium chamber more towards right. Can the brackets be moved easy?

also, are the cabinet feet adjustable?

what the order to delivery time? Is there delivery option with setting up cabinet and tanks in the room? I can do plumbing later.
I can’t answer about modifications before delivery but the baffle ‘divider’ would take some modification to move. Essentially detach the guides, move them and re-silicon them. Doable but not a 5 minute job.
Cabinet feet are adjustable and would even out all but the wonkier floors. 8 feet fully adjustable like your stove/fridge
cant answer on set up crews but I took a week to get back to plumbing. Two (wo)man job for the overflow & return. Other than that 1 person can do it.

mushy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer about modifications before delivery but the baffle ‘divider’ would take some modification to move. Essentially detach the guides, move them and re-silicon them. Doable but not a 5 minute job.
Cabinet feet are adjustable and would even out all but the wonkier floors. 8 feet fully adjustable like your stove/fridge
cant answer on set up crews but I took a week to get back to plumbing. Two (wo)man job for the overflow & return. Other than that 1 person can do it.
Thanks

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. I was only talking about display tank. Not net and other stuff. Cool it’s all glass.

I like to use eShopp skimmers as had good experience with them. If height works with their skimmer then i am good. They run 7”-9” but I had been running 8” water height and had excellent results.

i would like move the divider between skimmer and refugium chamber more towards right. Can the brackets be moved easy?

what the order to delivery time? Is there delivery option with setting up cabinet and tanks in the room? I can do plumbing later.
The tank cannot be modified and any modification will void the warranty unfortunately. The cabinet feet are adjustable, however with delivery the freight company only delivers the tank with no setup.

mushy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi AB,
I am not able to find info (1800 S2) on weight individually of tank, Cabinet & Sump. Not the weight with packaging. Do you have that info?

thanks

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi AB,
I am not able to find info (1800 S2) on weight individually of tank, Cabinet & Sump. Not the weight with packaging. Do you have that info?

thanks
The tank will weigh 160lbs and the stand is 169lbs.~Shaun K.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can’t answer all of your questions, but I have been running an 1800 since 1 September. I made my own dividers in the large center sump chamber to keep the refugium under control and to give myself an additional space for future plans. It was easy. I have the skimmer and what they described as the refugium and it works great. And yes the feet are adjustable. As to the delivery time, I Had an early order so I don’t have a good sense of what it’s like now. However the folks at algae barn are pretty responsive
I guess I liked it enough to put money down on the new frag tank too.
was just in a shop Yesterday and another premium brands stand, and I have no regrets with The Cade.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still kinda lost... where the heck can I get one of these!?
Cade aquariums can be purchased here on our website:

DM us if you have any more questions! :cool:

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And have taken delivery of the new frag tank, and taking my time in getting it uncrated and placed, but will let you all know how it goes.

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not 100% sold on the behind the tank ATO reservoir. Looks like I'll need to climb a ladder to fill it :)

Has this been an issue for anyone with a Cade?

Vyper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not 100% sold on the behind the tank ATO reservoir. Looks like I'll need to climb a ladder to fill it :)

I run auto top off on mine with apex solenoid, sensors and float valve. Never have to fill it. I do think it might be a pain otherwise. Especially since the fill corner on mine is very close to the wall.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Not from what we have been told. Most Cade owners are using a pump to fill it so they do not have to do any heavy lifting and it's quicker.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run auto top off on mine with apex solenoid, sensors and float valve. Never have to fill it. I do think it might be a pain otherwise. Especially since the fill corner on mine is very close to the wall.
Looks great! Saw your pictures of how automated your system is in some other thread! :cool: Great work!

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the 1800 next to a wall - pretty tight. I run my hose right from RODI to the reservoir. I guess it could be tough if you were trying to pour from a bucket and you would need a step ladder. If you were dumping gallon jugs wouldn't be too difficult. It is no consideration for me but I get the question/concern.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 1800 next to a wall - pretty tight. I run my hose right from RODI to the reservoir. I guess it could be tough if you were trying to pour from a bucket and you would need a step ladder. If you were dumping gallon jugs wouldn't be too difficult. It is no consideration for me but I get the question/concern.
I have a five gallon jug - former store bought salt water jug which I use for top ups - happen to use kalk
not been a problem but a step stool would help
frankly the reservoir was not my favorite aspect but have gotten used to it

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a five gallon jug - former store bought salt water jug which I use for top ups - happen to use kalk
not been a problem but a step stool would help
frankly the reservoir was not my favorite aspect but have gotten used to it
Maybe a small pump to go in the mouth of the jug and hose would be easier? :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back