Can’t keep fish tank glass clean

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish tank glass is constantly dirty I scrape off all the stuff and it comes back within a few days anyone know what I can do to get rid of it looks like a clear slimy coating
It happens to all of us. You are just going to have to keep cleaning it every few days!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish tank glass is constantly dirty I scrape off all the stuff and it comes back within a few days anyone know what I can do to get rid of it looks like a clear slimy coating
This is completely normal and a sign of a properly maturing tank.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a double post from a similar thread...

Yep...yep..don't be fooled by R2R tank of the month or Reef Keeping Magazine Reef of the Month....

Read the full article and the fine print...these people literally get up every morning and Scrub glass, clean the sandbed etc...it's work to get to that level....even if you have the best tank in the world that does its own good business....there is always work to be done.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sounds about right. Thankfully I only clean the glass one a week. Higher light and nutrient system will have this problem

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back