OP
OP
R

ReefLove25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm to be honest i dont know if it looks like it has eaten. When did the clown go missing?

She was on the bottom left side of my tank last night around 3am, woke up today around 11am and she was gone

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna say I could almost see it in the condy from the pic you posted. Sorry. Unfortunately most of the lessons we learn in the great hobby are learned the hard way.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... no need to feed it. Thats a bleached condi, was it when you got it?

OP
OP
R

ReefLove25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... no need to feed it. Thats a bleached condi, was it when you got it?

honestly don't even know what that means but it looked identical to the way it is now when I bought it. It was literally only $10 and I thought that was a bit strange

OP
OP
R

ReefLove25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna say I could almost see it in the condy from the pic you posted. Sorry. Unfortunately most of the lessons we learn in the great hobby are learned the hard way.

:( I'm going to give the condy back today, like I said there's a store by my house that'll take him for half his price. He's real pretty but if he's gonna hurt my clowns he's got to go

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleached means no color... he should be purple. So he isnt healthy to begin with id def return him

OP
OP
R

ReefLove25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleached means no color... he should be purple. So he isnt healthy to begin with id def return him

I figured that's what it meant. I'm definitely going to return him but out of curiosity... is it just a poor diet that causes him to be unhealthy or would it have been from his prior water conditions or both?? Just to know what to look for going forward. Sorry, I have a bunch of corals in my other tank but I never have had many anemones so I'm not a pro at knowing what to look for yet

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to say if the Clown is not doing well yes I have heard of nems eating clown fish.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like strong lights..... condis like meaty food often also. Unfortunatley yours was well fed

OP
OP
R

ReefLove25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like strong lights..... condis like meaty food often also. Unfortunatley yours was well fed

I fed him silverslides for the whole two days I've had him. Guess that wasn't enough for him :(
I have a 10,000k light so my lights aren't the issue, probably the place I got him from.
Either way, I'm selling him back to a lfs, but a better one than the place I got him.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah. Condis are Atlantic anemones....there are no clown fish in the Atlantic.
There is actual picture of a clown hosting a condy...but i think only one documented case of it....so random

Clarksski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get a flashlight out and look down your overflow? Especially at the bottom of it? I had a saddleback go missing and that's where I found him.. Super hard "fishing" him out... Hand didn't fit well in there with the pipes.. I managed to break the bulkhead too...
Anyways, just an idea...

Pewmichael

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apart from the grouper and lion fish which may have eaten her, shes possibly wedged in some rocks. Both these possibilities have happened to me. Don't underestimate the size of those two fish.

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is actual picture of a clown hosting a condy...but i think only one documented case of it....so random

I don't think it is that rare I had a pair that hosted in a condy. This was years ago in my first saltwater tank. I don't know though I might have just got lucky

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apart from the grouper and lion fish which may have eaten her, shes possibly wedged in some rocks. Both these possibilities have happened to me. Don't underestimate the size of those two fish.
They found it inside the anemone.

I don't think it is that rare I had a pair that hosted in a condy. This was years ago in my first saltwater tank. I don't know though I might have just got lucky
How strange. My guess is you did get lucky lol!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back