can this actually work?? and update on my alkalinity

Icegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say that my KH seemed to fix itself without me doing anything. Or maybe my testing was screwy. But on the Monday I cam back it was 13 then everyday after it was 10. Now...

Could this really work? product is this tank on amazon it is only 6 x 6 x 6 so it is actually portable

1713072174828.png

1713071949833.png
1713071949833.png

OP
OP
Icegirl

Icegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i noticed that, so I edited it with a picture from amazon

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty cool little tank. Magtool makes solid acrylic products. I had one of their mini skimmers. Don’t laugh but I have a glo fish brand 5g AIO tank and I love it. Very well made glass tank. The light that comes with it sucks though

Last edited:

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use it unless you have an ato or auto water change system.

OP
OP
Icegirl

Icegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use it unless you have an ato or auto water change system.
what about for transporting then acclimating fish? I'm wondering if the tiny tank is cycled and matched in salinity to the LFS water, would it actually work to make the fish more comfortable in transport...I live in ny and after shopping around the best LFS is only 40 min drive, but traffic is unpredictable with the bridges and tunnels, a 40 min drive can easily turn into 2 hours

Malum Argenteum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two hours in a bag is not a problem for fish. Putting the bag into a small styro cooler (with a heat pack if necessary for the temps) is very safe and practical. A bag has some give so that fish don't get hurt if there's some motion, and putting the bag in something opaque keeps the visual stress to a minimum.

I can't imagine toting a fish in an open top acrylic box without bobbling it and losing the fish on the ground. I can't imagine any advantage.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about for transporting then acclimating fish? I'm wondering if the tiny tank is cycled and matched in salinity to the LFS water, would it actually work to make the fish more comfortable in transport...I live in ny and after shopping around the best LFS is only 40 min drive, but traffic is unpredictable with the bridges and tunnels, a 40 min drive can easily turn into 2 hours
I know all about the NY traffic lol, but I wouldn't bother with something like this for transporting fish back from the LFS. As @Malum Argenteum said, a styro box will be fine. Helps with the heat loss, less chance for the bag to roll around, and it's also more quiet so less stressful for the fish. I actually leave one of the Styro boxes from an online order in my car all the time.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say that my KH seemed to fix itself without me doing anything. Or maybe my testing was screwy. But on the Monday I cam back it was 13 then everyday after it was 10. Now...

Could this really work? product is this tank on amazon it is only 6 x 6 x 6 so it is actually portable

1713072174828.png

Such big fluctuations in any water parameter is likely testing error. I would ask the LFS or fellow reefer to test your sample to verify your results.

This is a cute little tank! How will it help with your Alkalinity issue?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

test error. Alk does not jump up and down 3 dKH on its own. :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back