Candy cane losing flesh between branches

jsargent1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Just curious if my candy cane is branching off more so the flesh is separating or is something wrong. Almost everything else in the tank is thriving and the candy cane is normally super fluffy. Sometimes it stays small. Just upgraded to an xr15 pro but still in acclimation mode and under par from old light setup.
Dkh 9.9
Ca 435
Mag 1300ish
No3 2-5
Po4 .02
First two pictures are from tonight and the last one from a week ago to show full extension

IMG_5331.jpeg IMG_5332.jpeg IMG_5168.jpeg

OP
OP
jsargent1

jsargent1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Honestly, they have been super low ever since It cycled lol
I do a 4 gallon wc once a month, filter socks maybe once a week, when I remember while doing the drag tank one lol , I dose all for reef and bacto balance and I feed three times a day. A mix of pellets and frozen mysis/brine and target feed the LPS and zoas as well as coral frenzy 1-2 times per week.
Also 4ml of Acro power once per week
Some of my acans have popped new heads, some slower than others though
Tanks 8 months old

IMG_5344.png IMG_5346.png IMG_5347.png

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if my candy cane is branching off more so the flesh is separating or is something wrong. Almost everything else in the tank is thriving and the candy cane is normally super fluffy. Sometimes it stays small. Just upgraded to an xr15 pro but still in acclimation mode and under par from old light setup.
Dkh 9.9
Ca 435
Mag 1300ish
No3 2-5
Po4 .02
First two pictures are from tonight and the last one from a week ago to show full extension

IMG_5331.jpeg IMG_5332.jpeg IMG_5168.jpeg
Absolutely nothing wrong. Mine did that every time when growing new heads. Mine started with 3 heads and in 1.5yrs it had 42 heads. I fragged it a couple months ago.
20230728_143015.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsargent1

jsargent1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Awesome! Thank yall for the info/advice! Guess I’m gonna just keep on keeping on lol. It’s already gone from 2 heads to three but I lost a couple sps and two chalice frags. Flesh fell off/turned white. I did a couple water changes, and dipped everything but they were goners. That was about 2 months ago and ever since then I’ve been watching everything like a hawk. Still not sure what caused it but I think a combo of low nutrients and too much light

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back