Cap help

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got thi scap from a local friend. He has had a larger colony forever and this broke off and grew. It is supposed to be a green blue polyp cap from atlantis. any ideas why it is doing so well but not green anymore?

158927capclose0053.jpg

Its the TYREE one according to the guy that has some still in his tank and the guy I got it from said that it has never gotten green for him but has grown over 6". Thanks in advance.

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/frags2.html

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually, lights are very important for the color. Most of these fancy "named lineage" corals with crazy colors are grown under strong (400W or greater) 20k bulbs. What bulbs do you have over it?

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 250W 12K MH about 7" away from it. It is getting blasted. And it was in the other guy's tank too. but I think his levels might have been off. But it grows like crazy?/

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually, lights are very important for the color. Most of these fancy "named lineage" corals with crazy colors are grown under strong (400W or greater) 20k bulbs. What bulbs do you have over it?

agreed, 14k to 20k lights are best for green caps. although, not all green caps are the same green. the leng-sy looks the best IMO.

i've had 3 versions of blue polyp caps come by my way, none of them were that vibrant of a green IMO.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 4.2%
Back