Carpet Anemone melted away

k2-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help with this. I have a 6-month-old tank. it has never happened and other corals are doing fine, I added a carpet anenome just 3 days back and today I found it melted away.

Not to mention another one of my anenome is also gone with the wind (shrunk and disappeared).

PH - 7.8
15% Waster change weekly
Phosphates / nitrates - almost 0
I run phosphate reactor
I run skimmer
Fish are doing fine
3 Viparspectra lights
Size : 150 gallon ,+ 36 sump + 29G refugium with chaeto

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be too new of tank? 6 months may not be mature enough, only other thing I can tell from the post is low nutrients , 0 nitrate 0 phosphate is bad for nems/coral. Every living thing needs phosphate and anemones use nitrates as a food source

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need help with this. I have a 6-month-old tank. it has never happened and other corals are doing fine, I added a carpet anenome just 3 days back and today I found it melted away.

Not to mention another one of my anenome is also gone with the wind (shrunk and disappeared).

PH - 7.8
15% Waster change weekly
Phosphates / nitrates - almost 0
I run phosphate reactor
I run skimmer
Fish are doing fine
3 Viparspectra lights
Size : 150 gallon ,+ 36 sump + 29G refugium with chaeto

What kind of carpet anemone? Carpet anemone is a generic name for several different anemones.

Might have been a bacterial infection. Allot of gigantea have been coming in with one and so have some Haddonis.

I am pretty much treating all new anemone except btas with cipro at this point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
k2-

k2-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe bacteria is the answer. I mentioned another one of my anemones not doing well and figured out symptoms were the same as a bacterial infection.

The question to the group here: Do I need to now treat my complete tank to prevent other corals from getting a bacterial infection? Will a UV light work?

Back