CDNess's 125G Build Thread

tonto95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should post your apex programming here for reference later on and the updates later. I like the corals. Read that your clam died, i have read that they need more calcium then your numbers are.

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has been a month... I have lost a few corals, gained a few corals and also realized my RODI filters needed replacement. I will be installing form T-5s to compliment the colors of the LEDs soon... Pics hopefully will be updating soon as well if I can get my hands on a better camera.

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow a year has passed... Lots of ups and downs this year. Reef related stuff let's see...
- My Apollo lights burnt up where the LED lens itself was burnt... replaced with some newer used black box LEDs to get by.
- Tore the tank down due to majano and re-set up over the course of 4 days. Sold most of my corals to the LFS for cash to set back up
- Lost a good reefing friend to suicide, Railcar79 (Nik) you will be missed
- Lost a ton of corals
- Bought cleanup crew and somehow gave my fish Velvet... 3 dead, hopefully copper will save the rest...
- Getting back into posting here and working with the mod team.

Hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel in the upcoming weeks, but we will see. The tank looks COMPLETELY different, no colonies and just small frags. New rocks and structure, and now looks like new fish too.

FYI if anyone ever says they are an expert, slap them on the back of the head and tell them overconfidence will kick them in the end. I have been in this hobby for over 6 years with a thriving tank for most of those years. Bad luck strikes us all, not a single person is immune.

Wish me luck!

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it has been such a rough year. Like you said though, if you stay in this hobby long enough you will go through a time like that unfortunately.

Hope you are on the rebound and things start clicking for you again. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple tang and Occelaris Clown lost...

Engineer goby and coral beauty in the hospital tank... both are not doing well.

Regal tang and last cardinal still in the display as they are a PITA to catch.

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So all was lost but the regal tang for fish... i continued to lose corals as well. I have basically a bare tank but in a few short weeks I can try another fish and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

IF anyone has any corals lying arou d that they don't want feel free to send them my way. I'm going to need some stuff to rebuild at some point.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back