Chalice ID

tarmer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon- just picked these up but have no idea what mind they are - one may be a mummies eye ?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

TIA

IMG_8361.jpeg IMG_8360.jpeg

OP
OP
tarmer

tarmer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Echinophyllia cf aspera
2. Porites sp.
Thank you - do you know what the retail name would be ie… hollywood stunner, blue moon etc
Really hard to tell with that picture. Also doesn’t look to be in the best shape
That was part of the reason I was inquiring- since I don’t know anything about the top one I have no idea what it is supposed to look like

OP
OP
tarmer

tarmer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm not good with trade names. Trade names are just there to bump up the price anyways.
No worries - but the top one does not look well ? - it is really a fairly dark color with the pink eyes - Any idea how it should look- so i can tell if it is improving - the bottom one is doing fine

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries - but the top one does not look well ? - it is really a fairly dark color with the pink eyes - Any idea how it should look- so i can tell if it is improving - the bottom one is doing fine
I do see some dead skeleton; I would need a clearer photo to see if it is doing well or not

OP
OP
tarmer

tarmer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do see some dead skeleton; I would need a clearer photo to see if it is doing well or not
These are the best I could get with this cameras- let me know if this helps or I can try something different

More really interested in if it is salvageable- since that is the way I got it - I am no real hurry if it can be saved - but need to understand if it is

Thank You

IMG_8369.jpeg IMG_8368.jpeg IMG_8367.jpeg

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 102 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.3%
Back