Changing spotlights

graziano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I would like to know if anyone has changed the reflectors of an Ati Power Module to get some advice on how to proceed thanks,
The ceiling light in question was purchased used I don't think I got a good deal after three months it is reduced to this way with the spotlights quite burnt out

IMG_20240213_223444.jpg
IMG_20240215_164625.jpg

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I would like to know if anyone has changed the reflectors of an Ati Power Module to get some advice on how to proceed thanks,
The ceiling light in question was purchased used I don't think I got a good deal after three months it is reduced to this way with the spotlights quite burnt out

IMG_20240213_223444.jpg
IMG_20240215_164625.jpg
The rteflectors look to be pretty easy to remove and ATI has "some" replacements available though fairly expensive ($20 each?) if you do all 10.

Being Miro silver (pretty sure) they shouldn't be too difficult to clean.

Well guess not..
The "stains" on the reflector are actually areas where the silver has been removed. You wont be able to fix this since its part of the manufacturing process. They have a very thin layer of silver which is how they get the 98% reflective surface. Once this is damaged by salt corrosion etc, it cant be repaired it requires replacement to fix.

On first glance it looks like the splash guard is missing.

OP
OP
graziano

graziano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rteflectors look to be pretty easy to remove and ATI has "some" replacements available though fairly expensive ($20 each?) if you do all 10.

Being Miro silver (pretty sure) they shouldn't be too difficult to clean.

Well guess not..

On first glance it looks like the splash guard is missing.
the splash guard is there when in operation it is only for photography. Anyway thanks for the reply

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back