Cheap vs Name brand t5 Fixtures

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me anything about these? I contacted coralvue, but they can't answer any questions. Are the LEDs 3 watt, and what do they drive them at? Are there individual cords so you can plug in to separate timers? Is there more than one ballast to run 4 tubes, or 6 tubes? What else should I know about them? Are the reflectors good? Thanks!
There is 1 plug for each pair of bulbs, led, and fan. So for a 6 bulb light there is 5 plugs. The box says they are 3 watt leds but not sure if they are driven at low wattage.
The reflectors are pretty nice. Individual German polished.

DFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is 1 plug for each pair of bulbs, led, and fan. So for a 6 bulb light there is 5 plugs. The box says they are 3 watt leds but not sure if they are driven at low wattage.
The reflectors are pretty nice. Individual German polished.

Thank you for the prompt reply!

When you run just the LEDs, does it look good! Is it like moonlights, or stronger than moonlights? Have you ever looked inside the case?

Thanks again!
David

sir bonkers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good info as Ive always wondered this myself. Im pretty happy with my 6 bulb aquatic life fixture right now, but if I was in the market Id take one of those coralvue fixtures.

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stronger then Moonlights. My only complaint with the leds is the spread the best. I haven't opened it up yet.
Thank you for the prompt reply!

When you run just the LEDs, does it look good! Is it like moonlights, or stronger than moonlights? Have you ever looked inside the case?

Thanks again!
David

OP
OP
JLight

JLight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you run just 2, or just 4 bulbs at a time if you want to, or must you run 6 for it to work? Thanks! Do the LEDs have any power to them, or are they really just moon lights?

I'm not sure for this particular model but for the most if it's a t5 it's half and half on 2 different power sources.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The LEDs are good for giving the bling pop and also some shimmer. I wouldn't count on them for more than just supplementation.

I'd be careful about running them full time because of the tight beam they produce........definitely start slow with them 1-2 hours a day.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back