Chemistry

pixter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank for 2 years and I can’t seem to get my numbers right. I have corals but they have never grown. They stay the size when I bought them or they just die. My numbers:
Mag. 1485
Cal. 495
Ph 8.0
Alk/hard. 15.00
Phos. .03
Nitrate. Is always high. I’ve tried everything to bring it down. (Feed very little)
I have 30 G with4 small fish. Use instant ocean reef crystals. Temp is 79 salinity.025
Lighting: nicrew marine led for salt water reef. On for 10 hrs. 60/40 blue and white on timer
Starts out and ends with a morning light then goes brighter and night time it goes darker before turning itself off
I’ve got reef roids which I don’t know how often to feed. I’ve used “all for reef” to make sure I’m getting trace elements also and I’ve used the “reef fusion 1 and 2. If my numbers are high I would think I don’t need to dose them right. I’m totally confused. And if I do need the fusion how often do I do it. Help!!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post a link to the light? I think you are referring to the nicrew strip light, which is not very good for corals.

What is the flow like?

I think you missed typing the number for nitrate.

Also are you testing alk or are you testing general hardness as those are not the same.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back