• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cherry corals growout (Red Devils People Eater Palythoa)

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK SO ET ME GET THIS RIGHT. I AM GROWING THE RED DEVIL PE, CHERRY CHARM, AND THE DRAGONBALL Z. THIS IS COOL WITH ME. LETS HOPE THESE THINGS GROW GOOD. I HAVE HAD ONE POLYP OF THE DRAGONBALL Z FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW AND HASN'T SPROUTED ANY BABIES. THIS CAN BE DUE TO GETTING SETTLED IN. AS FAR AS YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THESE THINGS CAN TAKE AWHILE IT IS COOL WITH ME. OH AND I DO NOT HAVE A MACRO LENS, BUT WILL DO MY BEST TO TAKE PICS:wink: SORRY. AS FAR AS UPDATES MAYBE EVERY TWO WEEKS WITH PICS WOULD BE GOOD. MUCH DOESN'T HAPPEN IN A WEEK. I WILL TRY TO DO WEEKLY WATER CHANGES AND ALSO FEED THE ZOAS THAT ACCEPT FOOD EVERY OR EVERY OTHER DAY. JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW I HAVE A 30G CUBE WITH A 20G SUMP/REFUGIUM. I AM RUNNING A FILTER SOCK, CPR PROTIEN SKIMMER AND PHOSBAN REACTOR. IN MIDDLE CHAMBER I HAVE CHEATO WITH SAND. FOR LIGHTING I HAVE A 120 EVOLUTION LED AND HAVE BEEN GETTING DECENT GROWTH. CORALS IN TANK ARE MOSTLY ZOAS AND A FEW CHALICES. PARAMETERS ARE TEMP 80F, SALINITY .026, CALCIUM 460, ALK 11. I ALSO ADD VITAMIN C FROM BRIGHTWELLS. IF YOU GUYS WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE JUST ASK. ALSO YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR EMAILS WITH SCREENNAME THROUGH PM. I CAN UPDATE THROUGH THIS THREAD OR SEND EMAIL. LET ME KNOW.

OP
OP
R

Reef keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah i agree with reefpeeper its not goinh to be an overnigjt thing itll take ??? Thats just it the paly is new so we dont know how fast it grows but hey everything sounds good to reefpeeper!!

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey a little trick to get your zoas to grow quicker is Spot supp them with AA and amino amega by Brightwells if you want man I have much more room to grow these Out but your system sounds fine I know a higher concentration of nutrients get z&p's to grow quicker that's why spot supp them with AA and amino amega boost them just from my experience haha also what I've done in the past to get my z&p's to take off quicker is get a small container and put 10 drops of both in mixed with aquarium water and plunk the zoas in the solution with a little coral frenzy mixed in then let soak for 10-15 min then back in the tank they go I usually just float the small container in the sump or tank so the temp stays the same I do this every 3 days and usually get babies popping within the first couple of weeks just my little secret haha

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey a little trick to get your zoas to grow quicker is Spot supp them with AA and amino amega by Brightwells if you want man I have much more room to grow these Out but your system sounds fine I know a higher concentration of nutrients get z&p's to grow quicker that's why spot supp them with AA and amino amega boost them just from my experience haha also what I've done in the past to get my z&p's to take off quicker is get a small container and put 10 drops of both in mixed with aquarium water and plunk the zoas in the solution with a little coral frenzy mixed in then let soak for 10-15 min then back in the tank they go I usually just float the small container in the sump or tank so the temp stays the same I do this every 3 days and usually get babies popping within the first couple of weeks just my little secret haha

NOT A SECRET ANYMORE:wink:

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amino acids, both I get Brightwells that and the amino omega great stuff with your small tank though I wouldn't add the solution soak back to the tank as it can cause a spike in nutrients! But your tank would benefit from say 2-3 drops of each everyday especially if you're a zoa grower!

OP
OP
R

Reef keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey for the amino acids it say i should dose about 10ml twice a week is that to much i have a 55 gallon?

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I spot feed my zoas with cyclopeeze and coral frenzy by sticking the frag plugs in a urine cup full of water and then mixing tank water and CF or cyclopeeze in another container and pouring that onto the zoas.

I also do this with chalices. I've grown one polyp of space monster into two in about three weeks doing this.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back