• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Chunks in reef frenzy to big

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a fork in my jar with tank water and just break it up against the side of the jar. Rarely have any chunks. Cleanest food out there and everyone loves it. Just sold about $100 of other foods for $20 because my wife was nagging me about it... I just need my reef frenzy

Looking forward to meeting you this weekend Larry! :)

Can't wait Tony, its gonna be fun!

I picked up a "nano" frenzy, I opened it once, pieces are definitely not nano... it's been sitting in my freezer since... And I don't see any mincing instructions in the faq...

Francisco I apologize! I thought the "helpful hints" were uploaded over the holiday break. I just added them here: http://nebula.wsimg.com/3083382d0dd...4BAEC256E41338E0A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

I'll have to look into the nano frenzy for my baby clowns. I currently try to shave my reef frenzy for them but still end up with pieces that are too large for them so maybe that will work better. How would the particle size compair to cyopeeze? Also any word on your breeder mix? I'm a fan of your product, I've never had any issues.

Gar, have you tired using a $5 rotary blender for grinding up the food while still frozen? Many folks use a cheese grater or a razor to shred the food up for really small mouthed fish. It is a little bit more effort but the results are well worth it, especially if you are breeding. The video is two years old and the food has dramatically changed in appearance, but the grinding is still the same.

[video=youtube_share;ctNZ97iDRkM]http://youtu.be/ctNZ97iDRkM?list=UUgjUqayLvNIBDT5wGQGDzHg[/video]

The black worm and egg enriched blend is poised for release late this month after we update the labels and lab results for guaranteed analysis. The feedback from breeders using the standard "Fish Frenzy" has been awesome so I suspect this boosted blend will no doubt make it better. This was just posted to our website over the holiday as well:

Larry,
After reading about the beneficial use of probiotics in broodstock diets, we decided to try feeding LRS foods to the broodstock in our hatchery. The results are impressive! Shortly after the first introduction of LRS foods we noticed not only bright, healthy, and larger spawns, but the larvae are robust and healthy as well. -Jonathan Foster, FishEye Aquaculture

Aquatic Marine has it in stock.

Thanks for the update on AM!

Over the past couple years we have surveyed our consumer base and found that the current blend are about spot on for 95% of our customers right out of the package. We talked about changing the texture a few times and I received 5 pages of "Don't change a thing" comments. It is for this reason we have refused to over process and puree our blends to make them conform to 4x6" cube tray packaging.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Larry

Last edited:

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words well in this case here is a video:

Late last night on the other side of the world Chingchai was feeding LRS Fish Frenzy® to his beautiful display tank while Koji Wada from Japan took this video. This is our standard 8 oz package and NOT the finer ground Nano blend. For all our fans not on Facebook I copied it to youtube for you to see the texture and size of the food. You can also see how it goes from the package to the tank, still frozen and when thawed creates no cloud. Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;EKgc4uFIw6M]http://youtu.be/EKgc4uFIw6M[/video]

OP
OP
Duberz

Duberz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Like I said I'm not complaining about the quality. And from the response from lrs I see they have great customer service. And to nana reefer what works for your fish doesn't mean it works for all because I have tried what you do. When I want to feed my small fish I don't want to go through the whole slicing and dicing procedure. I'm going to give the nano blend a shot. I know the food is quality and my fish could benefit from it.

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words well in this case here is a video:

Late last night on the other side of the world Chingchai was feeding LRS Fish Frenzy® to his beautiful display tank while Koji Wada from Japan took this video. This is our standard 8 oz package and NOT the finer ground Nano blend. For all our fans not on Facebook I copied it to youtube for you to see the texture and size of the food. You can also see how it goes from the package to the tank, still frozen and when thawed creates no cloud. Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;EKgc4uFIw6M]http://youtu.be/EKgc4uFIw6M[/video]

I love that tank, pretty cool he's feeding your food all the way over there!

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bout to get a couple of the nano packs today. By the way it's not that cutting up food is hard I just like defrosting and feeding 20-30 seconds of work. Anyway I'm excited to try the nano because I like the idea of feeding high quality nutritional food that you don't see coming from all sorts of different sources.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Like I said I'm not complaining about the quality. And from the response from lrs I see they have great customer service. And to nana reefer what works for your fish doesn't mean it works for all because I have tried what you do. When I want to feed my small fish I don't want to go through the whole slicing and dicing procedure. I'm going to give the nano blend a shot. I know the food is quality and my fish could benefit from it.

I placed a couple Nano packs in a cooler today and they should arrive Saturday via Fed Ex. Let me know what you think after you try it. Please be sure and agitate the food pretty good, like scrambling an egg. It can make a big difference in how the food breaks apart.

Thanks!
Larry

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 106 43.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 116 47.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.0%
Back