clarkii clown

Springroll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this fish about a yeah ago, perfect first fish no aggression, or anything like that. Now that's older it's been injuring and killing fish that I have and has been the recent cause of all the problems that I have causing. The pj cardinal that the clarkii is targeting is looking pretty bad, I have already decided to remove him :(. the 2 other fish are a flame hawk and dottyback. I'm worried that removing the clarkii will make the other fish more aggressive. Anyone have experiences like that, the other fish are perfect right now. I'm taking actions to keep the pj safe until I remove the terrorist. wish me luck any tips would be appreciated too:)

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarkii clowns can be really nasty, possibly worse than maroons.

Flame hawks aren't usually too bad. Dottys are usually really aggressive, with the exception being orchids.

What's the tank size?

OP
OP
Springroll

Springroll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarkii clowns can be really nasty, possibly worse than maroons.

Flame hawks aren't usually too bad. Dottys are usually really aggressive, with the exception being orchids.

What's the tank size?
40 gallon breeder, what are some of the smallest least aggressive clowns

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gallon breeder, what are some of the smallest least aggressive clowns
Ocellaris and Percula (the ones you normally think of when you hear "clownfish").

A pair of those + PJ cardinal, orchid dotty, flame hawk should be okay in a 40 breeder.

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save your fish and remove the terrorist.
I started with two little 1" Calki in a 75. Fast forward a few years and the big one 2-2.5" was a mean ol lady. So bad there relationship ended in divorce after the male was sent to a QT hospital to save his life. One day both swimming along together, the next his fins all torn up as he cowered behind a wave maker hiding as she cruised along waiting to take more jabs at the poor guy. Couple 2" Pajamas hid as well with only a 3" Sailfin tang swam freely because it was 2 times there size.

Pink and orange skunk are the least aggressive.
Ocellaris are rather peaceful and usually tolerate other members of the same species in their tank.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back